➸ SIXTY THREE

This chapter was written forever ago, and instead of rewriting it, I'm just gonna post it even though it's kinda messy— forgive me.

Happy New Year guys, I love you all and wish you only the best for 2020 ❤️

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively Castillo

I quickly look away and avoid eye contact with Roman in fear of getting another memory. This wasn't the time nor place for me to be dragged to my past. The goal for the rest of the night is to steer away from anyone involved with my previous life.

"Let's dance," I say to Nathan once a slow song comes on and people were already with their loved ones in the middle of the room.

"What—oh okay." Nathan didn't have a chance to agree or disagree since I was already leading us to where the others were dancing.

I wrapped my hands across the back of his neck and he rested his palms on my waist, both of us preferring to be close to each other as we danced nearly a centimetre apart. I looked up into his green eyes and suddenly every single one of my worries disappeared as I got lost in his gaze.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks, clearly seeing straight through me and noticing the raging thoughts I had in inside.

Instead of answering, I simply kissed him. And just like that, the raging thoughts stopped. He returned the kiss almost immediately and my body reacted with butterflies. I hope this feeling lasts forever, the feeling of being completely and utterly in love with someone. Knowing that there's this one special person in the world that chooses you and only you out of millions.

In my eyes, love is a crazy concept. Some may consider love simply an emotion or a transaction, but love can be occasionally stronger than that. The power it holds is still unknown to some people, which is insane to me. Something so broad yet so limited. Some people live their entire lives never experiencing love and I always thought I'd be one of those people.

Bad people don't get happy endings, that's just the way it is.

"I know that guy," I blurted, not caring about keeping it in anymore. He looked at me confusingly until I went more in detail. "The one to our left, in all black, by the door, drinking wine, looks like he'd rather be anywhere else rather than here." I try to specify.

He nonchalantly looked over and very clearly picked out the person I was talking about. I could tell he was doing his usual observation in the manner of a couple seconds.

"He was apart of The Code, is that how you know him?" He asks.

"How did you know he was apart of The Code?" Now I was confused, all Nathan did was look at him and he already gathered that information. I seem to underestimate Nathan's ability to draw conclusions within seconds just by observing.

"He has The Code tattoo on his arm," Nathan shrugged. I looked over and sure enough he had a tattoo on his exposed forearm since his sleeves was rolled up. "And I've met every current member and he isn't one of them so he must be a previous member," he explains as if he's talking to a nine-year old, and quite honestly now I'm realizing anyone could've made that assumption.