➸ TWENTY THREE

Hey guys!

Quick PSA; you are all worth anything and everything in this world. We are all equal. You are all beautiful/handsome. You are all wanted. You are all amazing human beings and who cares if you did something regrettable in the past, you're in the future now so forget and live in the moment. You are not your past.

I love you all, more than you know.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

The house phone rang obnoxiously, waking me up from my very needed sleep. I lazily reached over and grabbed the phone from my nightstand, slapping it next to my ear as I answered. Thank god we had these spread all over the house because I sure as hell was not getting out of bed to find the phone.

"Hello?" I said to the person on the other line, not knowing who would be calling at eight am.

"Good morning, Thalia." I heard Jenna's soft and soothing voice say and I eased at the fact that it was someone I knew and not some stranger that speaks a foreign language.

"Good morning, Ms. Carson." I replied, closing my eyes and sinking back into my bed, refusing to leave the comfort it brought me. I happily snuggled into my blanket.

"Call me by my first name, I'm not that old yet." I heard her chuckle as she paused. "Anyway, could you do me a favour and go get Heidi's pills for me? I forgot to pick them up before I left." My eyes snapped open and I sat up quickly, narrowing my eyes at the ground as I took in Jenna's words. Nonna doesn't need pills, she stopped taking them a long time ago.

"What pills?" I asked after a moment of silence, trying to sound like I knew what was going on so she would give me more information. I heard her moving around and shuffling through something which was hard to detect over the phone.

"I forgot the name, I can never remember it, but the ones she takes before sleeping. You know how she can't sleep without them." I was already changing into something other than my pyjamas when she was at 'the ones' part. I didn't need to hear anything else. I distinctly remember Nonna reassuring me multiple times over the course of months that she was off any types of pills. She assured me that she getting healthier.

When I was younger, I was never told what caused her sickness. I just remember watching from the sidelines as my dad took her to multiple doctors— sometimes hospital— visits. I remember her explaining something about her head hurting her or maybe it was something about her eyes, I can't seem to remember. Remembering was a reoccurring issue for me lately.

Before she left and moved back to her childhood hometown, I do however remember asking her if she was a hundred percent alright. I was young, of course, she would've said anything to just make me go away and not stress about it. But again, she's never lied to me before, not even when I was younger.

"Okay, got it." I didn't give Jenna enough time to reply as I followed with a 'bye' and ended the phone call after I hurriedly exited my house, making my way towards Riley's. My heart started beating faster as I thought of all the possibilities that might be happening. Questions ran through my mind, one after the other. Did she just recently have a problem with sleeping? Was this happening in all those years I haven't seen her? What other problems is she having? Why can't she sleep?