➸ THIRTY SEVEN

heyheyhey— this chapter is more soccer related and past Thalia related so I'm sorry if some of you find it boring bUT THE TIME HAS COME FOR THALIA TO PLAY AKKSKSKS

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

——-———

——-———

Thalia Lively

The nerves built up more and more with each step I took towards my former team, I knew I had to face my past eventually— but I didn't mean literally face my past, I thought as I stared at the team of girls.

Jessica saw me coming and a smile was etched on her face within seconds, and she raced over the coach I presume. There were two coaches, one was a man and the other was a younger guy that seemed like he was in his twenties. They both had whistles on, the man was in a tracksuit and the younger one was in basketball shorts and a plain black t-shirt.

"Do you recognize any of them?" Carter asked me, popping up beside me as I stopped walking and just looked at the team. I shook my head absentmindedly, I was trying really hard to remember at least someone but again, everything just came out blank.

The older coach's head whipped towards my direction after Jessica was finished talking to him, and I stood in my spot not really knowing what to do. The team stopped what they were doing, which looked like drills to get them warmed up and followed their coaches gaze towards me. I heard a few gasps, saw a few widened eyes, some flares filled with hatred, some filled with tears.

I looked over at Nathan, hoping he could help me in this situation. He gave me a soft smile then grabbed my hand, walking in front of me as he pulled towards the coach that was waiting for me to walk over. Riley and the guys stayed put behind us, but Nathan remained beside me.

"Wow, um," the coach, whose name was Andrew Daniels I found out once I read his name tag, stared down at me speechlessly. "I never thought I'd get the chance to see you again," he continued and my eyes flickered to Jessica who had said the same sentence earlier. He looked like he had a lot to say but was struggling to get the words out, and the more I looked at him, the more I was getting a sense that I know him.

"I remember you," I said, shocking the people around us, including myself. "You were my dad's best friend, we used to call you Drew." The words left my mouth without me even thinking it through, it's like something clicked in my head and I automatically connected the dots.

He smiled with tears framing his eyes but dropping down his face. "Yeah, yeah that's me." He confirmed my thoughts and I abruptly reached in for a hug. I know I shocked him because his whole body tensed but he hugged back once he got over his shock. "I've missed you, Tal," he said. I didn't answer, just hugged him for a couple more seconds then let go, going back to my spot beside Nathan. Andrew recovered from his emotional state and joy hit his body, his mood getting brighter.