➸ FIFTY

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I wish I could turn back time.

Of course disrupting the natural order of events by going back in time to change an event isn't exactly good, but I wonder what my life would be like if something was changed. What if I never met Riley, or the boys in general? Where would I be right now? Probably not spending every second searching for my friends that are in deathly serious danger.

Besides being overwhelmed by the constant stress caused by school, friends and family, I'm not doing good in any other aspect. I've been losing sleep, more than usual. I can't sleep knowing Nathan isn't with me or that he's in harms way. God, I wish he wasn't so stubborn.

If you told me five months ago, when I first came to this school that I would fall for with none other than Nathan Reyes, I wouldn't believe you. I'd laugh actually, mainly because back then I was so broken beyond fixing and I doubted a relationship would ever exist for me.

"Thalia, are you listening to me?" My math teacher snapped at me as I stood in front of her desk stuck in my own head.

"Not really," I mumbled.

"Yeah, I figured." She responded sarcastically. "Main point is, you really need to work harder and bring your mark up. I don't know what happened, you used to have the highest mark in the class, it just doesn't make sense. Is everything okay?" She asked genuinely curious.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I just haven't been focused, that's all." I answered curtly, desperately wanting to leave the class and go home already. The fact that she singled me out as soon as class ended and held me back wasn't really lifting my already dazed mood.

"I can assign you some extra work to help bring your mark up if you want, take it or leave it." She concluded once she realized she was one of the last people I'd ever confine in.

"Yeah, sure, thanks." I spoke quickly but in a bored tone, which Nonna would not be happy with. She would throw her slipper at me if she knew I was doing bad in school and talking to the teacher without respect. However, Nonna's not here right now.

I hurriedly grabbed the work she handed me and got out of there without a goodbye. All day I've been having an... off feeling? There's something deep in my gut that won't go away, almost like my body can tell the future and is warning me ahead of time. I dug out my phone from my jacket pocket and frowned when I saw no messages or calls. Everything seems about right so why am I feeling like this?

Deciding that it's probably nothing, I shrugged it off and exited the school without a second thought. Everyone's already gone, since I was held back after school for longer than really needed. I mindlessly wondered to the end of the school parking lot where I usually park, but stopped in my tracks once I saw a glimpse of a huddled group in the deepest corner. I narrowed my eyes, trying to make out the people and what was happening. I subconsciously started walking towards the group of seemed like girls with a few guys standing by watching.

The second I saw Colt, one of Victors outsiders, I pushed down the panic and met his eyes. I could tell his interest just spiked up some more once he recognized me and because now his attention was on me, everyone else also turned to me.