➸ FORTY SEVEN

Please read the end note, thank you, love you.

Vote - Comment - Share (If you wanna but I'd appreciate it if you did. But you don't have to. But please do.)

—————

Thalia Lively

I panicked as Austin left the car wordlessly and went into the café through the side door. I looked over at Ethan who held a strong stone cold face as he glared down the mysterious man. I was almost frozen in my place as I looked into James' eyes trying to find the same calm James that I had seen just a couple days ago. He was long gone.

"Get in the back," Ethan demanded and I didn't argue with him as I followed his order. I shifted into the back seat and he switched over to the drivers seat, turning the car on and reversing it before driving out of the parking lot.

"E, who is that?" I asked hesitantly but he didn't respond, instead he just kept flickering his eyes from the road to the rear view mirror. I looked behind our car and saw a suspicious black Range Rover trailing us. Ethan swerved into a different street and sure enough, the car followed.

"Answer it," Ethan said as he passed back his phone that was ringing.

"Emmett?" I asked through the phone, wanting to guarantee it was Emmett calling.

"Thalia, thank god." Emmett's voice said gratefully. "Where Riley? Is Austin with you? He won't answer his phone." He asked everything all at once.

"Riley's at the café near our school with her brother and Austin. I'm with Ethan and there's this car following us, a-and at the café James was there with this man that I don't know." I tried explaining the situation to Emmett.

"Put the phone on speaker," Emmett insisted and I did so shortly after. "E," Emmett called out and Ethan kissed his teeth as he focused more on losing the people behind us.

"It's Colt, he's back." Ethan informed Emmett who paused for a second. "His boys are following us right now, but Colt's still at the Café." Ethan continued.

"Meet at the warehouse." Emmett spoke after a moment of silence, making Ethan's whip around to the phone. Before Ethan could say whatever was going on in his head, Emmett ended the call.

"The warehouse?" I questioned.

"It belonged to Darren, that's where he kept his cars and where we used to spend most of our time when Nathan worked for him. It's been empty for the last year, ever since Darren left." Ethan told me after not saying a word to me since the café.

"Do you think Nathan and Carter are there?" I asked him hopefully.

"No," he answered after thinking for a moment. "It's too risky, which is why I don't know why Emmett's there." Just as he stopped talking, I flew to the other side of the car when he cut into a new street quickly. "Put on your seatbelt." He told me and I complied. I wasn't used to this side of Ethan; angry Ethan was definitely new to me.

"I think you're losing them, there's too many cars on the highway." I said as we drove into the highway to the city out of the town we lived in. I watched as a car drove next to us and I had a quick moment of panic until I saw that it was Austin and Riley. Ethan and Austin look at each other for a second before both of them sped off— driving way too fast compared to the other cars near us.