~Chapter 3~ So Much Trouble

I began to sprint towards the carpenter's shop at top speed to get there on time. I swear, Ji Dwi is always such a bother when he's in trouble. If he gets killed, I get killed. I wouldn't care getting killed, but Ji Dwi is my friend, so it would kill me to know that my friend died. Even worse, Ah Ro is probably there since she's getting information on some of the official's sons.

"There it is." I say then I pull my mask over my nose and mouth and run inside.

I then move to the back and hear Ah Ro whimpering and my eyes widened.

"You? What are you?" Dog-Bird asks and my eyes widened as I saw a sword pointed to Ah Ro's throat.

"I-I'm n-nothing..." Ah Ro answers then anger went throughout my body.

I then ran towards them then Ji Dwi came up and attacked Dog-Bird, then Dog-Bird grabbed Ah Ro and threw her down then I yelled out in anger.

"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF HER!!!" I yell then Ji Dwi looks back at me as I began to spar with Dog-Bird.

I kept on trying to strike him, but he would barely be able to block every single one. My attacks were fierce and fast, that it shocked him. I then knocked his sword out of his hand and Ji Dwi and Ah Ro ran away as I grabbed Dog-Bird by the neck and he grabs mine.

"Don't you dare, lay a hand on my sister, again. Or I will cut your hand off mercilessly." I threaten then he pushes me away from him.

"You're a coward, so you won't do it." He tells me then I chuckle darkly.

"Oh, are you sure about that?" I ask him.

He then runs out of the carpenter's shop after Ji Dwi, but by this time, he's disappeared somewhere. All I need to do now is find Ah Ro and get her home.

"Aish, of course I'm tired now." I say then I lay down on the ground and close my eyes.

~~~~

"Jae Eun. Jae Eun! Jae Eun!" I hear Ah Ro say then I open my eyes and she was right next to me, shaking me.

"Five more minutes..." I say then she flicks my forehead then I sat up. "Okay, okay, I'm awake." I say then I look at her.

"Father's been freaking out because he didn't know where you were." Ah Ro tells me then I nod as I stood up and stretched.

"What time is it?" I ask her.

"3:00 in the afternoon. Why are you here?!" She asks me then she stood up as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"You didn't recognize me earlier?"

"No..."

"I was the one that fought the guy and saved both you and that other guy earlier." I tell her then her eyes watered and I raised an eyebrow at her. "Did I do something wrong?" I ask her then she opens her mouth as her voice began to break.

"F-Father said t-that patient he has, is our brother." Then tears began rolling down her cheeks and my heart sank into my stomach.

Watching my older sister cry in front of me and I can't do anything about it. From both of us, she's never seen me cry, ever. The only person that's ever seen me cry was Han Sung and that was because I've known him for so long. I've always been the one to see her cry and comfort her.

"Ah Ro..." I say then I walked towards her and tightly wrapped my arms around her torso as she sobbed into my chest.

She's always been the easiest crier growing up. She cried over everything that happened to her. If I was mean to her, she would scream and cry for Father to deal with me. If I wouldn't listen to her, she would cry and make Father make me do whatever she wants me to do. And she absolutely sobbed when Mother died and Seon Woo was taken away.