~Chapter 18~ Even If I Die, It's You

I start to sprint towards the palace with all speed within me to save Ah Ro. I run through the gates and all the guards and through the doors. Soldiers and guards shouting at me down the hallways as I burst into the queen dowager's room.

"You fucking bitch." I growl out as I stomp over to her throne.

"Your Highness!" Mo-Yeong cries out.

I stand in front of Jiso as I wrap my hands around her throat and she looks up at me with absolute fear in her eyes.

"How dare you..." I growl out as I shake her. "HOW DARE YOU!!! YOU TAKE MY BROTHER AND SISTER AWAY FROM ME FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!!! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING AWAY FROM ME AFTER ALL I HAVE DONE FOR YOU AND YOUR STUPID FAMILY!!! YOU'RE MAKING MY SISTER ONE OF YOUR STUPID ASS WON HWA, I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!!!" I yell then I breathe heavily as tears run down my cheeks. "Do you remember when you killed Joon Jeong?" I ask her then she looks at me in surprise. "I hope you relive that day until you die, you fucking bitch." I curse.

I let go of her as she rubs her neck then I stomp away from her. I leave the throne room, shoving the guards away from me as I leave the palace with every strife in my step. I return to Seonmoon and see Ji Dwi standing in the classroom.

"Oh, Jae-Eun, did you find her?" Ji Dwi asks me then I cross my arms as I shake my head.

"Yes." I answer, quietly. "Your mother is making her a Won Hwa." I add then he looks at me in shock.

"Jae-" he starts off then I look at him with tears in my eyes.

"I hope you and your stupid mother are happy..." I tell him as I turn and leave the room.

I walk into my dorm room, where Han Sung was writing on paper and he looks up at me, happily. Once he sees the saddened look on my face, his smile immediately fades away.

"Jae-Eun, what's wrong?" He asks me then I start to cry.

He stands up and walks over to me, hastily, then hugs me tight. I sob into his chest as I hug him back and he rubs my back, softly.

"Tell me what happened, please." He pleads as he puts his hands on my shoulders and looks down at me.

I wipe my face then I look up at him as I start to cry again.

"The q-queen d-dowager is making A-Ah Ro h-her Won H-Hwa." I stutter out then I look up at Han Sung. "I-I'm tired of b-being her p-pawn this whole t-time." I tell him then I wrap my arms around his small waist and bring him close to me. "I did e-everything for h-her f-family and she c-continues to use me a-and n-never once did I-I get a thank y-you or anything!" I shout then I bury my head into his shoulder. "I'm done being played." I tell him then he wraps his arms around my neck and strokes my hair.

"You don't have to be anymore." He tells me then he presses the side of his head against mine. "Remember what you told me when I was training with Hyung and got angry?" He asks me and I nod. "You told me, 'Han Sung, I don't want you to become someone who you think you should be. Only become the person YOU want to become. I won't allow you to become someone that you don't want to be. I promise you I won't allow you to become someone you shouldn't be. Just stay as your warm, loving self.'" He recites then I slightly smile as I hold him tighter. "The same thing applies to you, Jae-Eunie." He tells me then kisses the side of my head.

~~~~Dan Se's POV~~~~

"You wait here." hal-abeoji demands as Yeong Sil Gong's doors open.

He walks up to Yeong Sil Gong with haste in his step and Yeong Sil Gong gives him a disgusted look on his face.

"Yeong Sil Gong, I came here because there is something I need to tell you." hal-abeoji tells him.