~Chapter 17~ The World Spins

I grab onto Dog Bird's shirt as more starts to spin and make my head hurt. I wince in pain as Dog Bird strokes my head and I take a really deep breath.

"Jae-Eun, just don't close your eyes." Dog Bird tells me then I gulp as my eyes close.

~~~~~~~~

I wake up in Ah Ro's clinic with Yeo-Wool and Soo Ho by my side and I sit up. I place my hand on my forehead then they scoot closer to me as I look around.

"What happened?" I ask them then Soo Ho pats my head.

"You collapsed yesterday during the fight against the assassins." Soo Ho answers then I look at him.

"Did I not tell you to give me formal speech?" I question and he nods. "Please, don't speak with me formally. I don't want you to." I remind him then I rub my face.

"Do you want to head back to the dorms?" Soo Ho asks me and I nod.

"In a little bit. I just need to rest at the moment." I answer then they leave the room.

I see Sook-Myung walk in and I immediately glare at her then get up out of my bed.

"Never mind, I'm coming with you." I say as I leave the room.

I walk out and leave Ah Ro's clinic and start to walk towards the lunch room where everybody else was. I see that Yeo-Wool, Soo Ho, and Han Sung were sitting at a different table while Ban Ryu was at our usual one with other people.

I grab my tray of food and sit down next to Han Sung as Soo Ho turns around and stares at the back of Ban Ryu's head.

"Is it a metaphorical expression to say that Ban Ryu has returned to his old self since he's sitting over there?" Yeo-Wool asks as him and Soo Ho turn around.

"Metaphorical my ass." Han Sung starts off and my eyes widen, hearing him swear for once. "He's expressing it directly." Han Sung finishes then I nod.

Soo Ho then stands up and I shake my head as he walks to our old table, where Ban Ryu was with his clique.

"Where were you last night?" Soo Ho questions.

"Don't concern yourself with my whereabouts." Ban Ryu answers then I shake my head.

"Assassins enters and Jae-Eun almost died. But I didn't see you at all through the night. Is this a coincidence?" Soo Ho questions then Han Sung looks at me.

"You almost died?" He asks me then I hold up my hand.

"I'll explain later." I respond then Ban Ryu sets down his chopsticks and looks up at Soo Ho.

"Whatever you imagine has nothing to do with me. Instead, get out of my way." Ban Ryu demands. "I lost my appetite since I'm looking at the Queen Dowager's dog." Ban Ryu insults then his friends laugh.

"Are you running away again? As the bad guy?" Soo Ho asks him.

"Soo Ho, don't even try with him if he's going to be distant and an ass about it." I speak up then Ban Ryu looks up at him again.

"Listen to Jae-Eun, maybe." Ban Ryu mentions. "And I'm warning you, don't pretend to be my friend." Ban Ryu adds.

"You must not be related to this incident at all. Because, if you are in the slightest, you're a son of a bitch. So, I'll kill you." Soo Ho threatens and my eyes widen.

"Everyone's acting so different today." I mumble as Soo Ho and Ban Ryu stare each other down.

Dog Bird walks in, making Soo Ho walk back over and sitting down, forcing one of the other Hwarang to give me their tray to eat. I just shrug it off and continue to eat then I look around.