~Chapter 12~ Save Me Before I Fall

Han Sung's POV~~~~

I searched the entire school, to look for Jae-Eun. After hearing she's awake, I was determined to find her and apologize for walking away from her. After hearing her scream at Ji Dwi-hyung, I knew what he said wasn't true, but he wanted it to be.

"Jae-Eun!" I call out then it starts pouring down rain. "Jae-Eun, where are you?!" I ask.

I then see a figure run from Ah Ro-noona and she was there alone. I then run to her and she stood there in shock. I grab her shoulder then she looks back at me.

"Where's Jae-Eun?" I ask her then he points to her right.

"S-Sh-She went that way." Ah Ro-noona answers.

I then start sprinting that way and yelling for Jae-Eun. I began to become worried and scared of where she was. All of her struggles will bring her down right now, and she's very intense on her decisions. Like, that one time she said she would sleep with a Hwarang that insulted her gender, just to prove him wrong. But, he left him sexually frustrated. She's good at making people angry.

"Jae-Eun!" I call out again.

I then see a figure on the roof of our dorm and recognized them immediately. My eyes widen then I run up the ladder. They then start falling forward, but before they could fall completely off, I wrap my arms around her waist.

Jae-Eun's POV~~~~

"Yah, let go of me!" I command as I start kicking around. "I said, let me go!" I repeat.

I was the pinned to the ground and hugged tightly. My eyes widened like saucers then I start kicking myself around again.

"Ahn Jae-Eun!" Han Sung calls out then I freeze. "It's me, please, calm down!" He begs.

We both then sit up and look at each other. I was breathing heavily and Han Sung looked worried for me. I began to sob uncontrollably and Han Sung sat there in confusion.

"Why did you save me?!" I ask him then I look at him. "You know I hate living! All the garbage that comes upon me! All the stress I have! Pissing people off everyday! Not having a mother nor ever meeting her! Why Ah Ro was almost shot! Everything's my fucking fault!" I yell then Han Sung wraps his arms around me.

I bury my face in his chest and continued to cry. His arms stayed tight around me and he comforted me. He knew I was becoming mentally unstable from all the stress I've been under and how people have treated me over the years. I've been treated like shit because people never believed in my skills.

I've been through too much and so has Ah Ro, but not nearly as much as me. I've never met our mother, I was called the "cursed child" by my older sister for years, I've made an oath to protect the queen dowager's only son, I've made enemies over the years, I've gotten the shit beaten out of me by guys all the time, I've been anal raped multiple times by multiple men just to protect my sister and erase her debts and to protect my friends, and I've been confessed to multiple times by my closest friends.

How can I ever forgive Ji Dwi again? He almost made me lose my closest friend. He's so selfish. He would rather have me be alone and depressed rather than watch me be happy and cared for. Why does he torture me like this? I guess, this is what a king does to his people. Treats them like shit, and they take it.

Well, guess what, sweetheart? I'm not going to let them treat me like their bitch. I'm no one's bitch. I'm my own bitch, motherfucker.

~~~~~~~~

Everyone began whispering about who the king could be. Once I walk in with my hands behind my back, everyone shuts up and stares at me. I look at everyone then my eyes land on Ji Dwi, him and I lock eyes, his were filled with apology, mine were filled with hate.