~NINE~

This feels strange, it's been a while since I last been out for a run. Heck, I think its been six months now. And wow, from the outside I must seem well composed but damn was I a major mess in the inside. My lungs were pulling on me begging me to stop and my stomach was kicking me telling me I wasn't in shape enough to go another mile.

The music was my only coach, it was the only thing boosting my adrenaline. I ran along the railing that divided the city from the ocean. It was utterly dark and the only thing that surrounded me was the city lights and the aroma of the salty water. Didn't bother me, but gave me complete peace, something I needed.

As much I wanted to continue to go the extra mile, my legs decided to give up and my body gave them permission. Dropping my head forward, my arms reach for the railings and I lean myself against them.

God it felt good, the deep breaths I took to help revive the lungs I have been slowly damaging. But this right here. This fresh air, this work out is what I really needed.

The vibration in my pockets me caught me off guard and I pulled out to see who was calling me. A sly smile creeps upon my face when I see her picture pop up.

"Yes my beloved?"

"Obito!" Rin's voice pitched on the other side.

I turn my body to face the city, my back supporting me on the railing. "Wow, someone's excited."

"I have to tell you something! Are you busy?"

"Not anymore." The breeze picked up a little push causing me to shove my hands into my pockets as I raised the volume on my headphones.

"Wait where are you?" She asked.

I chuckle. "Would you believe me if I said I went for a jog?"

For some reason I could feel her smile. "Really now, it's been a while haven't it?--Wait, what time is it?...Obito it's two in the morning why aren't you sleeping?"

"I should be asking you the same question. Anyways you called me so, explain what is it you need to tell me that you call me at this time."

As if she got herself fixed up on the other side, I hear shuffling until I heard her speak again, "Well I'll tell you that later but first let me tell you this," she started. "You know how me and Kakashi have been seeing each other right?"

How can I forget. "Mhm."

"So we finally made it official a couple days ago."

"That's great." I lied. "Now you got me really curious about the other news, tell me about that."

"Right, right. So, I went the other day to represent my project for my anatomy class at this event where I one first place."

"Congrats."

"Thanks love, but that's not the news. So one of the advisers there was from one of the ivy league schools I've been looking at and he approached me after the ceremony. He said he was really impressed with my assignment and really wanted to get to know me more, he also asked me if I was interested into the school and I told him of course. So, he asked to have a meeting with him two months from now and I was going to meet with some other people to see if they're as impressed with me."

"And if they are, are they accepting you?"

"He said he could pull some strings in the process to get me through."

"Rin thats amazing, which school is it?"

"ULMS."

"That's abroad."