Chapter 17

"Niall!" I cried hoping, praying that he was okay.

I crawled next to him and frantically searched to see a blood stain in his shirt, or jacket but there wasn't any, thankfully.

"I'm okay, I'm okay" he said and got up helping me up as well.

"No!" Charlie yelled still pointing the gun. "You're not taking her any where. Niall, you're a nice guy, and I wouldn't want to hurt you. So you should just leave and let's pretend like this never happened"

Niall shook his head in disagreement, and grabbed my hand.

I looked up at him and he looked down at me with a smile, then back at Charlie.

"I'm not going any where. Either we both leave out of here, or I'm not moving"

"Fine, have it your way" with that Charlie shot again, this time both Niall and I knew it was coming so we ducked down on the ground and crawled into the hallway. Once we got to the hall Niall helped me up once again and we ran towards the door to the front.

Outside the rest of the boys were waiting for Niall, "Niall! Abbie!" Liam shouted.

"No time for hellos, run!" I said but Niall had a different idea.

"No, lads, go back to the house. Call 911 and tell them to go to the outdoor market a few blocks from here"

The boys nodded and ran to the house. "Niall, what are you thinking?!"

"Look, we need the boys to call and tell them so the cops could be there once we get there. You trust me don't you?"

I looked and him and smiled, "Yes"

"Okay" he smiled and we turn back to see Charlie running towards us a long with other men in suits.

Niall grabbed my hand and we sprinted down the block to the market.

We saw from a far that there was a good crowd of people and we ran towards them hoping to get rid of Charlie.

A bunch of the people in the crowd stared at us, wondering why we were running.

Once we made it we stopped to catch our breaths. Pants coming from both of us. We turned back once again to only noticed we lost them.

We looked around, becoming paranoid. Where were they?

"Stay close and keep an eye out, okay? They could be anywhere" Niall said still holding on to my hand. I nodded and we started walking deeper into the crowd.

Niall pulled out his cell phone and dialed Louis' number.

Niall's POV

"Hey, Niall! Are you guys alright? Where's Abbie?" Louis said at the other end of the line.

"Yeah, we're okay, she's next to me. We seemed to have lost them but we're keepin' an eye out. Where are the cops?"

"On their way mate, they'll be there shortly. Just hang on and stay out of sight"

"Okay, thanks Louis"

"No problem" I hung up the phone and shoved it back into my pocket.

"Louis said the cops will be here shortly. We just gotta stall a bit"

She nodded.

"Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"I have to tell you something" she said turning towards me.

"What's up?"

"I know why Charlie hates me and I know why they're chasing after me"

"Why?"