CHAPTER 2

Eric Price stared into the dancing flames before him. The entire camp made up of chatty males and females, all excited for The Hunt two weeks from now.

Staring into his fire, his Beta, Dolph poked the raging fire pit. Eric's Beta was not chatty like the others. One of the many reasons why Eric enjoyed Dolph's company, he wasn't annoying.

"How much further," Eric asked.

"We should be there by next night fall, sir," Trevor, Eric's brother-in-law spoke, "just around the mountain."

Trevor Ford was Eric's third in command and map. Eric would admit to any one, without Trevor. Eric and his men would be lost without him, literally.

Eric couldn't think of a better person to navigate his pack to this year's mating grounds for the Hunt. In Eric's opinion, he would have rather had the Hunt back at home where he knew it was safe.

"My Lord, are you not excited for the Hunt?" Trevor spoke with a cat-like-smile.

Eric nearly laughed at his brother-in-law, "It's the same as the last one." All the men around the campfire knew that was true. A bunch of horny females roaming around, waiting for a male to mount them and give them a pup. Likely for Eric, being an Alpha, he had more control than most males. And unlike most males, Eric never mated with a female during the Hunt.

"This year will be different," Trevor laughed.

"Didn't you say that last year," Dolph chimed in.

"That was my year," Trevor huffed.

"And what about Dolph, is it his year too?" Eric laughed shaking his head.

"Like any woman would dare mate with him," Trevor joked. Unfortunately, Dolph wasn't laughing. Dolph growled under his breath, staring daggers at his friend. Trevor put his hands up, "Hey there, boy. It was a joke. You'll find her."

Dolph stared back at the fire, poking it with his stick once more. Eric felt bad for his dear friend, Dolph had always had problems with women. Even when the boys were growing up, the girls would run away screaming for their parents. Unfortunately, Eric never blamed the girls for running away, and neither did Dolph.

Dolph was a man of very few words. He was taller than any male in the twelve packs. He was bigger than most too. Stronger. It didn't help either that he had a mean looking face, with his body covered in scars.

"He is right," Eric said looking back at the fire, "you'll find your mate."

"If it was that easy," Dolph muttered throwing his stick into the fire. "I'll take the first watch. It's best you get your rest, Alpha," Dolph frowned, getting up, and leaving the fire.

Both Eric and Trevor watched him leave and disappear into the shadows of the trees. The two looked at each other.

Shaking his head, "Get some rest, Trevor," Eric said leaving the fire and retiring in his tent.

Once in his tent, Eric laid on the bed of his fur blankets, on his back. Rest his hands behind his head and yawned.

Tomorrow Eric and his pack would be in the hands of the Black Water Pack. Their Alpha Seth Kelly senior just recently stepped down, letting his son Seth Kelly Jr. took the role as Alpha.

Moving onto his side, Eric closed his eyes. No need worrying about it now. 

Blake rolled around in her bed before looking over to her nightstand to see that it was already eight o'clock. The sun's rays beamed passed the blinds on her window. Rolling onto her back, Blake ran her hands over her face. She then sat up right and swung her legs over the edge of the bed.