CHAPTER 23

Not edited

Blake groaned into her pillow as she rubbed her cheek against the softness of it. Placing her forehead against the hard wall, she thought it was odd that her wall was hot. Wigging her nose she took in the scent of pinewood and dark spice, a sent that had her mouth water. She couldn't help but lick her lips. With another groan, she leaned closer to the hard frame of the wall. To her surprise the wall hugged her, tangling its fingers in her hair and bring it towards it.

That's not right?

Squinting her eyes open she found a pink nipple against a semi-dark tan. Blake's eyes traveled down finding a six-pack in her awake with a hard V line exposed and a very... what the hell is going on? Opening her eyes wide, she glanced up to find the King, holding a lock of her hair and placing it under his nose. 

"What the hell are you doing?" She growled. Blake didn't realize how horsed her voice had sounded until she said, "Why are you sleeping with me? Didn't I tie you up?"

"You did," he smiled, "but it was you who climbed in my bed." It wasn't a lie. She did tie him and she did climb in the bed. Or did she, she couldn't remember. 

"Don't be a smartass," Blake didn't remember climbing in bed with him. She most defiantly didn't remember him being completely naked when she left the room last night. "So smartass," she groaned while getting up out of bed. Lifting her hand under her shirt she scratched her belly and her head with her other hand while yawning, "can you explain why you're naked." She then blinked lazily down at her sleepwear, it was completely torn. Did she have a nightmare and climbed in his bed.  Blake knew she had done this before a few times with Ross. From what Ross told her, she had a nightmare and would rip her clothes but Blake really thought that she grew out of that faze. I guess not.  

"Well, I can't sleep with my clothes on," The King laughed while scratching the back of his head in an apologetic manner.

"You didn't touch me did you?"

 "What? No. I mean, I wanted to, you are my mate after all. But I would never take advantage of a woman while she is out cold. What kind of king would I be?"

"A rapist," Blake said lazily, making her way to her closet. Peeling her torn shirt and throwing it on the floor she grabbed the first thing she could find which was a black T-shirt that said 'Bad Bitch' written on it in white lettering. She then grabbed a pair of black sweatpants off her closest floor and placed them on.

"Get dressed and get out of my room, will you."

"And here I thought we were getting somewhere. You really do make a man feel used. Am I expecting to find money on the bed for my services?" The King joked.

Looking over her shoulder, Blake smirked, "it's in the mail."

The King watched Blake walk out of the room as if she won a battle. What battle? He didn't know but he liked the look she gave him. And those eyes of hers. Those dark gray eyes that looked at him as if he was a prize to be won, he thought cheerfully. That or to be eaten. Either way, he wasn't complaining.

Blake moved down the hallway to the bathroom, she used the toilet, washed her hand, to then brush her teeth. Glaring at her toothbrush she was debating if she should brush her teeth. Maybe it would keep the King away from her until he left. knowing that he was here something was going to happen. Blake gave up the idea only because she was getting disgusted over the fact that she was willing to mess up her morning routine for that man. It wasn't happening. 

Taking her brush, she placed toothpaste over the brush and began to brush her teeth. While doing so she ran her hands through her hair, I'm going to need a shower tonight, she thought. Once she was finished brushing her teeth, she spits out what was left, and came back up to find King leaning against the doorframe. Odd, I didn't hear him.