CHAPTER 12

Eric was pacing around the kitchen after his three-hour run. He was still furious about what happened between him and his little mate. He couldn't even understand how or why she would call their mating, of all things a nightmare.

There were many times during his run around the village, he stopped to stare up at her window.

The first time he stopped behind her house to look up her window, she was still standing in the same spot with tears in her eyes. The second time, she was cleaning up the room. During his third and fourth run, she was pacing around her room while biting her nails. During his fifth to ninth run, she was sitting in front of her computer.

He knew this because while he was running, she had opened a window giving him the ability to hear her fingers tapping on the keys of the keyboard. By his tenth run which was his last, she had the window closed and the lights off, telling Eric that she had finally gone to bed.

Now back in his host home, he couldn't help but pace around their kitchen.

What did he do wrong?

Nothing.

That was his answer, he did nothing wrong.

Was she upset with their pairing because she wanted it to be with her Alpha? Was she and Alpha Seth truly in a relationship? Had his little mate truly been lusting over a man what wasn't her mate?

Eric clenched his fists and let out a low growl. "I won't let you go," he muttered.

"Oh my, I don't think my husband would like to hear that."

Eric turned toward the woman, "Luna," she was just in a long nightgown with her hair in all different directions.

"Can't sleep?" She asked with a small smile. "I saw you running before I had gone to bed and then heard you come in."

"I'm sorry for waking you," he apologized.

"Don't worry, it's not like you could wake my husband anyway," she laughed, "you could scream and yell at the top of your lungs and that man will still be sleeping."

Eric nodded his head and made his way toward the door to go upstairs, "goodnight then".

"Oh no," she said before making her way to the island in the kitchen. "Come join me for a little chat. I think I can help you with your little problem."

"I don't believe you can," Eric sighed, thinking about what happened just three hours ago.

"It's about Blake," her eyes locked on to his. Her ambiguous smirk told Eric that she knows about their mating. "Nothing goes pass this nose," she said tapping her index finger on the tip of her nose.

Eric glared at the woman.

"Come now, don't get upset, your highness. I only want to help you and Blake. And I believe I have right to know what happened between the two of you."

"You have no right." He growled. Eric was annoyed by the woman. He wanted to leave but yet this woman had him pinned. He wanted to know more about his mate and he knew this woman would give him answers his mate wouldn't give. Like why she didn't want him.

"I think I do, I did adopt her after all."

"Adopted?" So his little mate used to live in the pack house. His mate had lived under the same roof as him. "And her parents?"

She slowly looked away from him. Eric could see the pain in the woman's eyes. "It is not my story to tell, I'm afraid."

"A hunter," a male voice spoke from behind Eric. It nearly surprised him that Ross was able to sneak up on him.