CHAPTER 4

Eric couldn't believe what he just heard. The little she-wolf before him, covered in blood, was the Beta. The Beta was not a man as he had first thought but a little girl who had handled a small pack of rogues. This little girl who looks like the grim reaper herself was the Beta.

No, he refused to believe that this little she-wolf was, indeed, the Beta.

Eric narrowed his eyes towards Alpha Seth, "I don't like jokes," he growled, "where is your Beta?"

Seth bowed his head in submission, "She is our Beta, Your Highness."

Eric's eyes fell back to the she-wolf. Her head held high with pride. This female was the Beta, unheard of. The she-wolf was odd, he would admit, but, the Beta?

"Are you disappointed?" she asked in a seductive tone, catching him off guard. Something stirred inside him making his inner wolf scratch to the surface. This little female was challenging him, her gaze was firm and deadly, making even his blood run cold from fear. He could even hear his wolf silently whimpering in the back of his mind. "I'm the Beta of this pack. The deadliest too," she smirked.

"Blake," Seth hissed behind her.

Eric forced himself not to smile at her boldness, never in his life have someone spoke to him like that other than his closest friends.

"A warning for you and your pack," She continued making Eric stand violently out of his seat. She dared talk to him in such a matter, "If anyone in your pack poses a threat to my pack, I will not hesitate to kill. That also includes you."

Eric couldn't help but smile at the she-wolfs bold speech. "You threaten me."

"Was I not clear?" she asked tilting her head to the side.

"Blake!" Alpha Seth yelled.

Gasps filled the room around them, but both Blake and Eric never looked away from each other.

Eric clenched his jaw. Oddly he wasn't upset with her, no, he was strangely aroused by her boldness, her lack of fear, and the hint of amusement in the glimmer of her eyes. Never had a woman had the balls to come up to him with such a devilish look, not even a male, for that matter.

"Blake Notorn," he whispered giving her name another taste in his mouth, and he liked it.

"That's my name," she replied folding her arms over her large chest. He didn't realize how big they were under that baggy shirt. It made him wonder what she looked like in a more fitting attire or, better yet, without any clothing.

"Do you have a death wish?" He deeply inhaled her scent but could only take in the smell off rogue's blood.

"I would ask you the same?"

"Do you?" He said wanting an answer, not another question.

She only answered with a smile across her face, "Who hasn't said I've died already."

That had shocked him, but he wouldn't let her know that. No, she wasn't going to win this fight, but he didn't know what to say now, she won, and she knew it.

Looking over her shoulder, "I did my job, Seth," she said, "I'm returning home to Ross."

"Blake," Seth said as a warning.

The she-wolf wasn't even fazed by her Alpha. She just turned to face him and tapped his cheek with the palm of her hand, "Be a good boy and stay out of my house. I like to sleep in tomorrow, only the moon knows you'll need me for tomorrow night."

"Blake," Alpha Seth growled mixed with a whimper. Eric could tell Alpha Seth loved the little she-wolf. Just one look in her eyes and the Alpha was spellbound, "See the pack doctor before you head home, at least do that and I'll agree."