CHAPTER 30

Eric was shaking where he stood. He didn't know how much more he could destroy. How much more he could take until his wolf finally decided that he had enough. How much longer will this aching pain last. 

He knew that one day she would leave him but he had hoped that they would have been together a little longer. Just so he could continue to tell her how much he loved her. He wanted to make sure that Blake knew that he loved her no matter how many times she pushed him away.

To be taken away like this, his hands fisted. I'll kill that son of a bitch, he cursed to himself.

"Eric," Dolph called from behind him.

"What is it?" He growled.

Dolph glared at his Alpha, waiting for what was to come. For the past few days, Dolph has seen what Blake's death had done. For one, Alpha Seth has been lost to his work, refusing to see or speak to anyone. As the Beta of the King, he offered his assistance to the young Alpha. To Dolph's surprise, Beta Blake had finished at least three months' works and wrote dozens of papers on suggesting what could better improve for the future of the back. The rumors of her taken both Beta and Luna roles showed. He wondered how the woman had any time to do anything at all. She was always so laidback and lazy-like it was a wonder how she had done it all.

Secondly, there was her younger brother, Ross. The boy fought and cried to be by his sister's side as the doctors tried everything. Then there was her funeral. The boy would sit by her stone, next to her mother. He sat there in silence for a day without food or water. Dolph had watched over the boy the second day to find him training with the others. With the Hunt just around the corner, the pack couldn't fully grieve their Beta's death. But the boy was a small concern for Dolph, Ross hasn't spoken since that day. 

Then there was Eric, his King. Like Alpha Seth and Ross, all three wished to be alone in solitude. Alpha Seth with his work, Ross in training but Eric would destroy everything until he found some way to cop with Beta Blake's death. She was his Mate, his other half, now gone.

"Alpha Seth is having a meeting with the pack about the Hunt tomorrow. You are to attend."

Eric growled "The Hunt?"

"Even with the death of the Black Water Pack's Beta, The ceremony must continue on. It cannot be held back," Dolph made sure not to say her name. If he did, Eric would just go back to destroying everything else.

"I know," Eric made his way to Dolph, "Have you or Trevor found the whereabouts of the Hunter or this Quillon."

"No sir, somehow Quillon and his rogues covered their scent before we could get a close on them. It's as if they vanished." Eric growled at Dolph's answer but he continued on, "As for the Hunter, we found his body by the east river. It seems that someone got to him before we could. We couldn't track down the killer."

"Are you sure? Do you have an idea of how he died?"

"Yes, we believe he was attacked by a wolf but we could not track his/her scent."

Eric looked away from his friend, this was all planned out, but what did they want. "Are there any sighs for rogues in the area?"

"No, they are gone. Alpha Seth had contacted all the other Alpha's in the area and none of them had seen any sighing's of a rogue but that doesn't mean they are taking any chances during the Hunt. There will be extra precautions."

"And this is what the young Alpha wanted to speak to the pack about," he said in an almost mocking way. "Now he wants to play Alpha. Where was he during the attack? Where was he when Blake did everything to protect this Pack? He doesn't deserve to be Alpha. He is nothing but a coward!"