CHAPTER 10

"Your Highness," she gasped. He really came. He really did come like she had asked. She didn't know if she should be happy or freak out at the fact that he really came. How can she explain to her brother the reason for the King's visit? "What can I do for you?" she asked glancing at her brother, hoping his Highness understood what she was applying.

"I come to see you," he said. He stood proudly at the door. His chest raised, his hand behind his back, and his eyes solely on hers.

"Was there a reason?" she asked trying to look annoyed like she would normally do for anyone. The King glared at her and then Ross before looking back to her. "Ross, why don't you go out. I believe the Luna made her famous desserts tonight. I saw them in the Hall."

Ross glared at Blake, puffing out his own chest out. Even though he was ten times smaller than the King, he made Blake very proud. "I think I'll stay," he growled now glaring at the King. The boy had a death wish to challenge the King of all Wolves.

"Ross!" she spoke more dominantly this time towards him, "Go now. I won't ask again." Ross growled under his breath stubbornly. So Blake growled back, something she has never done before. It shocked him. It shocked her even more but she wasn't going to let him know that. "What did I say, Ross?"

"I'm leaving," he shouted, turning his back to her and making his way to the door," I'll be back in an hour."

"Stay with Seth tonight," she called out.

"What?" Ross turned to his sister.

"Say nothing to Seth about this. If he asked, I kicked you out because you were too loud while I was working."

"Do you know-"

"I do. Now do as you're told and I will explain everything in the morning."

"Is he your mate."

"No," she said coldly, "this is about business."

Ross looked her in the eye, glaring at her for what seemed like forever to her. "I trust you," he said taking one more glance towards the King and then to Blake before leaving.

Blake felt like she could finally breath when Ross left the house. She could feel her cheeks burn over the fact that her brother could have found out about her little project, that, and that he had asked her if the King was her mate. Such a thought was so silly, it was sillier then Seth and her being mated.

"My office is upstairs," Blake announced making her way to the stairs.

"Are you sure?" The king's voice was low and rough. She could hear a hint of pleasure in those very few words but it was cover over with worry as well.

"Are you afraid I'll bite, Your Highness," Blake peeked over her shoulder, taking a good look at him. Wide shoulders, small waist, muscles that perfectly showed through his clothes. It was just enough to tease a woman.

"You sign outside says to beware of dogs," he raised one of his brows, "should I be?"

Blake broke a smile and started climbing up the stairs, "maybe," she replied.

She didn't have to look over her shoulder to find him following her to her office. It had been a long time since she had broken out of her mask with someone other than Seth or Ross. She even held back a laugh. A real laugh. Something she hasn't done in a long time.

"I hope you don't mind the mess. I didn't have time to clean up," she found herself saying before opening the door.

Eric held his breath for a moment. His little mate was still wearing her skin-tight gown. Her all brown locks of hair was now on one side of her shoulder, revealing her other white creamy shoulder.