CHAPTER 28

Blake and Eric rushed to the North Border to find a blood bath of both rogue and Pack but the war was not over. Nothing but the sounds of growls and whimpers filled the woods. Blake watched as her pack members fell, dying. For a moment she felt like that fifteen-year-old girl all those years ago, hiding in the tall grass. She couldn't watch her pack die in front of her but that's what she did. She watched.

"Blake? Are you alright?" Eric asked. She didn't release that she was panting. Her heart rate was high and for a moment, everything became a blur. 

"I'm fine, have the others retreat and take the wounded back. I'll handle this," she replied slowly, not trusting her own words.

"I'm not leaving you alone," Eric yelled forcing her to turn and look at him.

"This is not up for a debate, Your Highness, commanded the pack to fall back and I will handle the rest."

"I won't let you fight alone. I won't let you kill yourself!" Blake could see the tears forming of his eyes and she smiled.

She reached out to him, placing both her hands on either side of his face and forced him down to kiss her. "I won't die. I promise. I fought alone before. I just can't see any more people die today." She whispered pulling herself away from him she faced the battlefield but before she ran out she slightly turned her head towards the Alpha King, "When I get back, I want coffee ready and you in my bed, okay," she laughed.

For a moment Eric stood there shocked at what he heard from the little she-wolf as she ran straight into the battlefield and by the goddess, he thought it was the sexiest thing in the world. With a small smirk, I will make you that coffee and I will make sure you never leave my bedside after this.

Eric's mind linked the pack members and ordered them to fall back while quickly taking the injured back to safer grounds. He took one more look at his little she-wolf already attacking the first rogue that came through her path. With a smile, he knew his she-wolf was capable of taking care of herself but still worried. He'll help the others and return for her. And maybe when they were done they could take a long steamy shower together.

Goddess, she was breathtaking

Blake held her breath as she made her way past the rogues trying to save anyone who hadn't been successful in escaping. In one fell swoop, her long claws meet with a rogue's throat while making a complete three-sixty and dug her hand deep into the flesh, getting under the ribcage and meeting his beating heart. She felt it pulse in her hand, how it sped, and then died once she squeezed it until it burst. 

"Go quickly," she growled staring into the young omegas eyes. The omega looked at her with fear in his eyes before he crawled to his feet and ran off. She knows what he thought. Her voice wasn't human anymore. Her face was now distorted. Half-human, half-wolf. She was a living freak show. It was one of her living secrets. One of her not being able to fully transform into her wolf form. Now. Everyone will know. 

"Well. Well. What do we have here," a man spoke. Someone Blake didn't recognize.

Blake glared at the man, "What do you want," she growled.

She took a deep breath but couldn't smell anything of the male. He was of average size for a werewolf of six foot two but there was something different about him. His hair was white like snow, his eyes were the lightest blue, and his skin was fair and pale like he had never spent a day in the sun. 

"Who are you," she found herself saying before he could utter a word. 

"You can call me," he paused as if he to think about what his name was, "Quillon." The male smiled showing white teeth.