CHAPTER 32 pt 2

Eric left the room then, with Ross following behind. Eric made his way to the front door until Ross called out to him. He turned around to face the boy to find his arm extended holding a key towards him. Eric looked at the key and the back to Ross unsure what the key was for, "It's to the house. I haven't been there since..." he took a deep breath, "Her sent should still be strong in the house. It's kind of like she's still there," Ross said with a weak smile. "I thought maybe it could help."

"Thank you, Ross," Eric took the key from him.

Nodding his head, "You think this Everlasting and the Evil is real?" Ross asked.

"I don't know. I never heard of the Silver Moon Pack and that tells me that I don't know our history as much as I did. I want to know as much as you do."

"So there are things even a King doesn't know," Ross muttered.

"It would seem so," Eric hated the idea that there were things that his grandfather let alone his father didn't tell him about. Eric knew about the many packs, their Alpha and Betas'. There was so much that he had to learn to be a good ruler but no one had told him about this thing that was coming if it was even coming at all. Eric had thought that there Quillon was out of his mind but that voice in the back of his head screamed at him that maybe he is right. 

For right now he will train and bring Ross up to be a King like him as well as help him to reach his goals. Like Ross, he wanted to know about the Silver Moon pack as well as what his grandfather tried. On top of that, he was going to kill Quillon, a guardian or not, Blake was gone because of him.

After Ross left Eric alone he returned to Dolph's side who was pacing around where the unmated females had been. Trevor was by Dolph's side telling his friend that everything was alright. Trevor, his Gamma, and map, had kept to himself most of their visit ether calling his mate and spending his time helping with pack doctors since before and after the rouge attack, he even spent most of the time visiting the other packs about what has been happening around the area. Eric was grateful that he was able to return before the Hunt started.

"I'm telling you, this is your time," Trevor cheered.

"No one will want me. Look at me," he growled. "Even if I had a true mate she would run and cower away from me." Dolph was a man of many scars but he had a heart of gold.

"Your mate will not care about you look like, she will love you for you."

"I never thought you would ever say such cheesy things," Eric joked cracking what could have been a smile but it immediately disappeared. He felt ashamed that he could without her. Dolph and Trevor both say this and the two of them looked at each other before facing their friend and Alpha.

"Neither did I," Trevor smiled weakly, almost afraid to. 

Nodding his head in response, Eric turned to Dolph, "You shouldn't be hard on yourself," Placing his hand on his friend's shoulder, "Your mate is out there, and she will be your everything. You'll even wonder what you were even worried about when you see her. She is out there". Saying those words, Eric meant them but they did hurt.

Dolph didn't say anymore but placed his hand above Eric's shoulder. His silence was more then Eric needed. He could tell what his friend was trying to say without words and that brought a smile on Eric's face. Dolph returned the smile with a small one until it disappeared by the sound of Alpha Seth's voice. "Unmated males, please line up."

"You can do this," Trevor whispered in encouragement as Dolph made his way to the lineup.

The sunset was about to fall turning the sky into a mix of colors of blue, purple, orange, and red. While the men, one by one, shifted into there wolf form including Alpha Seth. Focusing his eyes on his friend instead of the young Alpha, Dolph was much larger than the other around him. Those next to him looked at him and moved a couple of feet away from him. Their action made Eric growl at their ignorance.