CHAPTER 9

Eric gripped the arms of his chair. There were many things running through his brain and killing the young Alpha was one of them. The young Alpha had dared to touch what wasn't his. He had dared to comfort what wasn't his.

Blake was his woman. She was his mate. His Luna and no one else.

Eric watched his mate leave the hall before he could finally take a deep breath to relax. He couldn't stand her being in the same room as that male and the last thing he needed was loss any chance without his mate.

"Eric," Dolph whispered, "are you alright?"

It took everything for Eric to not growl a second time, and begin trashing the hall, as well as taking Alpha Seth's head. "No," he said furiously.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" he asked. Eric looked at his dear friend. Eric followed his friend gaze toward the exit of the building as if saying that he understood.

"Are you alright, your highness?" Alpha Seth spoke.

"Yes," Eric glanced towards the young Alpha. "It seems my wolf is itching for a little run. He gets easily irritated if he doesn't get what he wants."

"It seems you have a bit of a problem on your hands." Alpha Seth spoke taking his fork and taking a piece of meat into his mouth. "Don't worry about responsibilities and just go on ahead." Alpha Seth glances over to Eric, "it's my responsibly to make your stay as pleasurable as it can be. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask me or my Beta for anything. And if your looking for advice, my mother is your best bet," he said laughing as if it was a funny joke. Was it a joke?

"Thank you," Eric pushed his chair out, "I will keep that in mind. If you'll excuse me."

Alpha Seth stood up and bowed his head, "if I may, shall I call one of my Eta to accompany you. There may still be rouges around the area and I would not forgive myself if you were attacked."

Eric glared at the young Alpha. Did he think his king was weak? How dare he look down on his king.

Eric puffed up his chest before letting out an earth-shattering growl; everyone in the room looked at the two Alphas. Without making the matter look worst then it was already was, Eric said, "that will not be necessary. I'm well enough to take care of myself."

"Of course, Your Highness."

Eric left the table and headed straight out of the hall, taking in the fresh air. Desperately taking what his can to keep him in a state of mind.

"My Lord."

Eric couldn't look at his friend. He was trying to keep himself in check. The King of all Wolves shouldn't act in a matter that wasn't appropriate. He had to be calm, collected, and ready for anything. But the moment he entered Black Water, he wasn't the same. He was on edge, horny, and ready to kill anyone who looked at his mate. The only thing he couldn't understand was that his own mate was not returning her feels. It was as if she didn't feel the bond that binds them together. Or was Eric wrong? What if she wasn't his and he only liked her because she was different then other she-wolves. No, Eric knew she was his mate, her smell, her body, those eyes of hers they all called out to him like a siren.

"Go back inside, I like to be alone," Eric tried to sound as calm as he could be.

"My Lord, if I may," Dolph paused, waiting for permission to speak further.

"Go on."

"We have known each other for years. And I have noticed," there was a pause, "you found your mate. Didn't you?"

Eric wanted to laugh. No matter how stereotypical Dolph looked liked to most. Being big as he was, most thought he was dumb but he had a good eye. Great judgment. And knew a person's single thought just by looking at them, which benefited greatly on the battlefield.