CHAPTER 29

"Where is the Doctor!"

"Lay her here."

"I need the Doctor!"

"Your Majesty, please come down."

"Someone do something! Save her!"

"I'm sorry. There is nothing we can do."

"There has to be something! You didn't do enough. Save her!"

"I'm sorry. All we can do is wait. Be with her, your Majesty. " 

Eric was shacking where he sat. His large handheld onto her small one as he watched her sleeping face. It had all happened to fast. One minute they were fighting, then next he watched the rogues leave, and he was running back to the pack Doctor to save his mate.

He wasn't quite sure what had happened, but all he knew was that she saved him. She took a silver bullet for him and now... he squeezed her hand. Praying to the moon goddess that she would give his mate a new life. One where she wouldn't be hurt. One where they could be together in peace.

"Blake, my sweet, don't leave me. Please. I love you," he whispered running his other hand over her hair. "My Moon Goddess protect you in this and the next." He brought her hand up to his lips and placed a kiss on it. 

"Blake!" Eric could hear a storm of people coming towards the room and the first person to show up through the door was Ross. He had a smile on his with cuts on his body, one of them was on his right bottom chin which would leave a scar. He must have fought too.

Ross lied eyes on his sister, her body was covered with tubes and needles just to keep her alive. Blake was already losing color to her face from the lack of blood. "Blake," he whispered in disbelief. With a quivering smile, "Blake, come on now. Open your eyes. I came to see you," he took a few steps towards his sister, shaking his head no, that he couldn't believe what he was seeing. "Blake you promised me! You promised you wouldn't leave me!" He ran to a few steps towards his sister while yelling, shaking she shoulders "Wake up! You can't do this. Blake!"

Eric took his eyes off the boy to find Alpha Seth standing in the doorway. Alpha Seth looked at the siblings before turning away and before Eric could get up, Ross growled at him. "What did you do to my sister! Why is she like this? Why didn't you protect her? Is she not your mate?" The boy questioned.

All Eric felt was a shame. He wouldn't protect his mate nor did he know who shot her. All he knew was that they didn't have much time.

"Ross," a voice called out by the door.

"Dr. Milliken?" Ross turned to the doctor, "Please tell me she is going to be okay. Please tell me!"

"You need to calm down Ross. We have a lot to talk about." Ross refused to leave his sister's side as Dr. Milliken spoke of Blakes's medical history and how Blake never wanted him to know. He found that his sister had a rare chance to live passed the Hunt before the rogue attack. That if this rogue attack didn't happen, it would have not changed the fact that this would have happened anyway.

Eric watched the boy trying to prosses what was being said as he stared at his sister with a look that said: "why didn't you ever tell me"?

"I'm sorry Ross," the Doctor looked to the floor, "All we could do now is give her comfort at this moment."

"How much longer?" he whispered.

"We cannot time these things. She could pass at any moment, ten minutes or sometime tonight."

"Thank you, Doctor," Ross said, placing his hand over the top of his sister's head.

"Blake loved you dearly Ross. She just wanted to keep you safe."

"I know," he whispered, holding back tears from falling anymore.

The Doctor shook his head, "Your Majesty, may I speak to you for a moment?"

Eric quickly got up, following the doctor out in the hallway but not before taking one more glance at his mate and her brother. Ross was at his knees holding her hand while trying everything not to cry.

"Doctor?"

Dr. Milliken looked back at the room, "I knew you wouldn't leave her side but the boy needs this alone time."

"Doctor, are you sure there is nothing you can do?"

The Doctor ran his fingers through his salt and pepper hair before answering, "Do you believe in miracles, your Majesty. If not you should start now. Pray that the moon goddess blesses you and gives Blake a new life as an Everlasting."

"Everlasting, that seems to be the topic everyone seems to bring up. I don't understand."

"The twelve guardians of light who fought the darkness were hand-chosen by the moon goddess herself to protect her children."

Before Eric could say anymore, "Blake!" Ross yells

Everything was happening all at once by that point. It seemed to go in slow motion as Dr. Milliken and nurses ran into the room. Ross yelling at the top of his lungs but yet nothing could be heard. He was fighting his way to pass the nurses to grab Blake as they worked on her. But it was too late. She was gone.

Blake was gone.

His mate and Luna... was gone.

Blake Norton, Beta of the Black Water Pack, died at 5:15 pm on April 14th. 

The she-wolf who saved the King.