CHAPTER 3

The sun set over the mountain the moment Blake peeled her eyes away from the computer screen and glanced out the window. Taking her attention back to the screen she stretched her arms over her head will a yawn. She then rubbed her eyes with the palm of her hands.

"Blake it's almost eight. You should get ready for the meet," Ross said through the open door.

"No need," she yawned. "I ready to go. Besides, the meet shouldn't take that long. Can you make sure there is coffee ready for me when I get home? I'm going to have to do an all-nighter and finish this up before tomorrow," she said getting up out of her computer chair.

Blake slipped her hand under her baggy, white t-shirt to scratch the inch under her bra-line. Lazily walking towards her bed she slipped on her socks that she left on the bed.

"You're not going to the meet looking like that, are you?" Ross's brows rose to hair-line if it could. "For moon's sake your wearing sweatpants and an old white tee with a coffee stain on it!"

Blake looked down at her tee, pulling the shirt out to indeed find a stain on it, "Well look at that, so it does."

"You can't look at the King looking like that," her brother said horrified.

"It's fine, I won't be there for long. It's not like I'm there to impress anyone."

"But-"

"You worry too much," Blake yawned once more getting off the bed and walking around him to head down the stairs to get her shoes on.

"Blake, this is the King we are talking about! If you show up looking like that! It's disrespectful towards him!"

"Oh well," she shrugged. "If he knows whats best for him, he won't say anything."

"Blake," Ross sighed in defeat.

Peering over her, "Ross, you worry too much."

"You said that already," he whined."

Blake held back a smile as she finished putting her shoes on, "Lock the door while I'm gone and don't open it for anyone, okay?"

"You worry too much?" he mocked with a side smile.

"Lock the door," she repeated with a more serious tone.

Rolling his brown eyes, "I heard you."

"Good, I'll be home in an hour at most."

"Okay," she heard him sigh as she shut the door behind her.

"Oh my moon, Blake," Seth sighed in relief, "your here."

"Seth," Blake glanced around the large meet hall. Everything seemed to have been in place.

All the tables were set for the meet tonight. The food and drinks were made and displayed in one corner of the hall.

The past Alpha and Luna were seated on the other side of the room, closest to the main table on the stage where the King was to be seated with his Beta and best warriors.

"Do we have any problems for tonight?" She asked raising a brow.

"Well," he hesitated, rubbing the nape of his neck. Blake glared at as if to say get-on-with-it. "The King will be here soon but there's trouble on the west border. I have to go-"

Raising her hand to stop him, "I'll go, it's your duty to be here to greet the King. Besides," she smiled softly, "I need the little workout."

Not realizing that he was holding his breath, he whispered her name in a sigh. "Blake-"