~flashback~

a/n: this chapter is visioned about almost a year before the dropship was sent to Earth.

It all happened so fast. One moment I was in my bedroom, the next I'm struggling against the guards tight grip on my wrist to let go. It was like it happened in a flash.

My dad got floated before I was born. My mom did everything she could to protect me from harm. She always said I was her "angel". Well one day, she got really sick. It seemed like Dr. Griffin was always in our dorm to check on my mother. A few days before she passed away, I snuck into the "grocery store" on the ark. I stole foods that she could eat. I tried to not act super sketchy and finally made it back home. "M-mom I got you food." I said as I handed her the food. Her cold hand touched my wrist. "Apollo, where did you get all this? This is a weeks worth of rations!" She said in a stern voice. "I-I stole it. For you mom! I got it for you!" I said nervously. She cupped my face. "Angel, if the ark finds out they will arrest you!" She began to cry. I did too. Suddenly her heart monitor started to beep rapidly.
  "Mom!? Mom! What do I do!? Are you okay?" I said. I was terrified. My hands were shaking and my feet were glued to the floor. I knew what was happening and I couldn't do anything to help my dear mother. I was stuck. I could feel the stream of tears strolling down my cheeks. Moms hands were at her chest and she was gasping for air. I ran out of the room, forgetting all the stolen food scattered all over the floor and my open backpack. "Abby! Abby! Where's Abby?!" I exclaimed. I saw Dr.Griffin running to me. She cupped my face. "A, what's wrong? What's wrong?!" She said. I couldn't get the words out. I was stuck. I was stuttering. "M-my mom!" I said. She ran into our dorm. By the time she checked for a pulse and a heartbeat, it was too late. The only person I had left, was gone.
Abby slowly turned to me. "I-I'm sorry A." She said, tears coming down. She pulled me into a hug. I couldn't do anything but stand there and cry. She took my mom and her hospital bed that she placed in our dorm, and rolled her to the ER. I quickly cleaned up the scattered rations and stuffed them into my bag before anyone saw.
"Ms.Abby? W-what do I do now?" I said sniffling. "Um, it's almost time for your Earth Skills class. Get ready and Clarke and Wells will pick you up." She said putting a sorry hand on my shoulder. I nodded and went back to my room.
About an hour later, (around 10 AM) Abby's daughter, Clarke and her friend Wells knocked at my dorm door. It was awkward because, I was a lot younger than them and I've only spoke to Clarke  once. We were walking and Clarke and Wells walked in front of me, talking. I slowly walked behind them, I had my blue headphones over my head; blaring my music and tuning out the rest of the Ark. Clarke and Wells were already to class and I was staring down at my feet as I walked. I ended up tripping into a guard and dropping all my books. I guess he felt bad because he bent down to help me. He looked a lot younger than the rest of the guards. "Oh I'm sorry, little one. You okay?" He asked as he smiled at me. "Y-yeah." I stuttered. The freckled face guard stood up and held out his hand. He kneeled down to my height because he towered over me. "I'm Bellamy Blake, what's your name little one?" He said to me, handing me my headphones that I dropped. "Apollo Adrien" I said to him. He stared at my old blue MP3 player. "Hmm, I haven't seen one of these since I was your age, where did you get one of these?" He said smiling. "I-it was my dads b-before he got floated." I said staring at my shoes again. "Oh, i-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" "it's okay it isn't your fault" I smiled. He smiled back. "Well, little one, you should probably get to class." He smiled. He stood up again and ruffled my hair. "See ya around, little one" he smiled and walked off.
I walked into Earth Skills. I sat next to a boy named Monty. He was older than me, but he was really smart. He helped me sometimes.
Earth skills went by pretty fast. Then I walked back to my dorm by my self. When I got home, the door was cracked open. I slowly opened the door. "H-hello?" I asked terrified. I saw the Chancellor and Abby and two guards in my room. One of the guards being the younger one from earlier. I guess I wasn't as sneaky as I thought. "Miss Adrien, a woman claimed that she saw you stealing rations." He said holding up my backpack that had the rations inside. I looked down at the floor. "A-are you gonna float me?" I asked in a sassy tone. I crossed my arms, trying to hide my fear that felt like it was spilling out of me. "No" Abby said in a serious tone. "You're being arrested." She looked down at me. She almost looked as if she was crying. "Guards, take miss adrien to the sky box" Chancellor Jaha said walking out with Abby. The older guard grabbed my wrist with a very tight grip. "Ow!" I exclaimed. He yanked my arm. Bellamy softly grabbed my other wrist. He saw right through my sassy act. "It will be okay" he mouthed to me. I looked up at the older guard. I tried to get my wrist free. He just held tighter. Bellamy looked at my bed before we started to walk to the sky box. He grabbed my headphones and my MP3. He moved my two braids out of the way and put my headphones around my neck and slid my MP3 into my jeans pocket. "Thank you" I mouthed. They walked me to a room. It was kinda small and blue. There was already a teenage boy sitting on one of the beds. They said he was my temporary roommate. The older guard shoved me into the room and slid the bar door back and locked it. I walked over to the spare bed. "I-is it okay if I sleep here?" I asked in a quiet voice. "Yeah, I'm obviously not using it" he said. "I'm Murphy" he said. I looked over at him. His hair almost covering his eyes until he flipped it back. "I-I'm Apollo." I said  quietly again. "Hmm Apollo, how old are you? And I'm curious to know how you got thrown in here" he said with a smirk across his face. "I'm 12 and I got arrested for stealing rations." I said sitting on the hard bed. I sat at the corner of my bed and brought my knees up to my chest. Murphy walked over and sat next to me. "I stole too. It's okay" he said putting a hand on my knee. He could tell I was scared. "You alright?" He asked. "I'm fine." I said.
A few hours later it was "lights out" or basically time for us to sleep. I laid in my bed and stares at the ceiling. I got lost in my thoughts. I didn't sleep. I was scared of what was gonna happen. I was lost without my mom. "Hey little one, you awake?" "Yeah" I said in a quiet tone. He walked to my bed and put his arm around me. "I couldn't sleep my first night either" I put my head on the older boys shoulder. He continued to tell me stories about his first night in lockup and about his mom. I then fell asleep with my head on his shoulder as he continued to tell me stories until he noticed I was asleep. "but just remember little one, be strong; this is only the beginning" Was the last sentence I heard before my blue eyes couldn't open anymore.

a/n: hiii im really excited to write this story. hopefully if you read all the way to down here that you liked it. don't forget to comment and vote 💙 :)
Adios peeps