~dont say goodbye~

I woke up with a sharp pain in my lungs. It was hard to breath. I could barely sit up. I looked over at Mateo sleeping soundly, and tried to get out of bed without waking him. I stood up onto the cold metal floor and went into a coughing fit. I couldn't control my throat, my mouth was dry and it was hard to breath and I started to cough blood. I tried my hardest to keep quiet but my uncontrollable coughing wouldn't let me.
I looked over at a wide eyed Mateo, he ran out of bed without his shirt over to me. 'Apollo!' He exclaimed, rushing me to a washroom, holding my hair as I started to puke blood.
"We need to get you to Abby baby." He said picking me up, bridal style. I giggled a little. "N-no! I'm fine" I said wiggling so he would put me down.
My coughing stopped but Mateo was still worried. He followed me around almost like a puppy all day. We decided to go get food from the cafeteria room near the back of the Ark. We were half way down the hallway, almost catching up with Bellamy, Murphy and Jasper; until the coughing started again. I couldn't catch my breath and fell to my knees. "Apollo!" Murphy said sprinting to me and rushing me to Abby. "I'm *cough* fine!" I said tried to escape his hold on my body. I looked at Murphy's worried face, tear strolling down his cheeks. "Apollo, you are not fine. You are puking blood! Calm down, we are almost to Abby." He reassured me.
My eyes started to get heavy, i laid my head on Murphy's shoulder. "Keep your eyes open babe." He said, I tried but my body wouldn't let me.
I zoomed in and out of consciousness until we got to Abby's office. "John, what's wrong?" She said rushing over to us as he put me on a bed. "S-she can barely breath and she was puking blood and kept passing out." He said with a worried voice.
I began sweating and gasping for air. "I-its hot in here" I said wiping my forehead. "She came in yesterday and I told her she had pneumonia, did she tell you?" Abby said is a concerned voice. "N-no.." Murphy said worriedly. Abby's eyes widened, "h-hey little one, we are gonna give you a medicine that will make you sleep while we figure out whats going on with your lungs okay?" Abby said to me while Jackson put a mouth mask on my face. I nodded as my eyes got heavy and closed.
I woke up hours later with stitches on my stomach and I was in excruciating pain. "Ow!" I winced in pain as I tried to sit up. "Don't sit up! Just lay down" Bellamy said sitting by my bed with my other friends. They all looked at me with worried eyes and scared faces. "W-what's wrong?" I asked. "Abby said blood leaked into your lungs, Apollo. You won't be able to breath on your own for a while." Octavia said holding my hand. I looked at the air machine that was hooked up to my nose, helping me breath. I felt tears drop down my cheeks. I looked at Murphy, and began to cry. "D-don't cry." He said, starting to cry while hugging me.
A few minutes later Monty carried me to my room because Abby said I shouldn't walk. I laid on my bed facing away from Jasper and Monty, but being them, they walked to the side is as facing and sat there so I could see them. Jasper kissed my forehead and Monty hugged me. "I'm so sorry Apollo." Jasper said. I stayed silent. "You are tough, you will get through this! You will be able to breath normally again in no time!"
Monty said playing with my hair. I smiled, feeling a bit better. "Do you want us to steal candy from  the food room?" Jasper smirked. I laughed as they left.
They returned a few minutes later with the said candy. They stayed and talked with me for hours until Marcus needed them for something.
I sat in silence for a while, alone. I started to cry, thinking too hard. 'What if I don't get through this?' I thought.
Murphy soon came in and sat next to me as I put my head on his lap. "Murphy?" I said in a quiet voice. "Y-yeah?" He sniffled. "Am-am I gonna die?" I asked looking up at him. Tears instantly brimmed his eyes, he cupped my face with his big, calloused hands. "No. No! Of course not little one! You are too strong to die. You can't!" He said hugging me tightly and kissing my forehead. I cried into his chest until suddenly—I couldn't breathe. I gasped for air and began coughing blood. "Oh no. We need to get you to Abby!" Murphy screamed. His lifted me and the air machine up and sprinted as fast as he could to Abby's room. "Help!" He exclaimed. I tried with all my energy to speak to Murphy. We got to the room and again, I got put on the bed as she began running around the room.  I could see Mateo walk in and sat next to Murphy, he grabbed my hands as he sobbed. His green eyes brighter that before. "Stay strong my princess! You will be okay! I love you!" He said to me. I tried as hard as I could to reply. All I could get out was a raspy "I love you more" he turned to me and Murphy and him both began to sob, both boys kissed my head.
My eyes were heavy and I tried to keep them open. It felt as if I had 100 pound weights laying on my head. I used all my strength to stay awake, I knew what was coming.
The last thing I saw and heard was the two most special people in my life crying over me and saying how strong I was until—
black.

a/n: hi babes! i am so so so sooo sorry i haven't updated in a while. Buttt i hope you enjoyed this last chapter, I think it kinda sucks tbh. But I might write another story! Leave me some suggestions in the comments! But yeah, I hope you all liked this book! I felt pretty good about it tbh :)
Mkayyy bye cuties!
Don't forget to comment and vote💙