~commander pt2~

I felt the nerves built up inside me. I almost felt sick. I wasn't a very good 'people person' as my mother said.
The bald man opened the two big brown doors to the big room. It had a big red chair and a little chair next to it. It looked like the castles from the stories that I read on the ark. My eyes widened at the bright room. It was beautiful. I quickly snapped back to reality when Bellamy put his hand on my back. I looked up at him and we walked into the room.
I saw Clarke, but she looked WAY different. She had red strands in her hair!
"Hello Apollo kom Skaikru. I am Heda Lexa." She said standing from her 'throne'. "H-Hi Heda." I said bowing. She giggled a bit. "I heard so much of your bravery in the Mountain." I fake-smiled looking down at my shoes. I scratched the back of my neck. I looked back up at Lexa. "You are a warrior, Apollo. You are strong. Do you miss your friends?" She asked walking down to me and Bellamy. Clarke followed. I nodded. "Very much Heda." I responded. "Well, I want to help." She said smiling. I grinned. She was very pretty and very kind.
She took Clarke, Bellamy and i to a big round table. Clarke, Bellamy and Lexa talked as I wandered around the room. There were steps that lead up to another level of the room. There was a big window, where you could see the entire village. I ran up the stairs and stopped at the little ledge that held the window. I pressed my hands on the glass in amazement. I loved the bright colors and smiles on people's faces. I looked over and saw a little door at the end of the floor. I walked over and quietly opened the door. It turned out to be a 'hidden library'. I grabbed one of the little books lying on the floor and closed the door. I walked over to the window and sat down.
I was small enough to sit on the ledge and it would be like a little bed. I pulled the hood of my hoodie that I took with me up and put my headphones on.
I sat there for what felt like hours, reading the amazing book that I picked. I heard little bangs on the window. I looked down to see Mateo, throwing pebbles to get my attention. He waved and held up a small sign. 'Apollo! Come down!' It read. I smiled and set the book down. I looked down to see Bellamy and Lexa and Clarke still talking. Well, laughing. I ran down the stairs. "May I go outside?" I asked hanging around Bellamys shoulders. "Getting bored?" Clarke giggled. "Nooo, I have someone waiting for me. " I smirked. "Does this someone have a name?" Lexa smiled as the teens laughed. "Mateo." I said fidgeting with my bracelet. Lexa smiled. "I know him. He is very smart and very sweet." She smiled. Bellamys head peeked up. "Heda, how old is this Mateo?" Bellamy asked. "He's 16." She giggled. "Nope! Too old Apollo!" He giggled. "Whatever bell!" I smiled. "May I go?" I asked. The teens all nodded. I turned to go to the door as Bellamy grabbed my wrist again. "Be careful." He said. I smirked and rolled my eyes. "I'm serious, be careful A." He said. I nodded as he let his grip go. I walked to the big doors nand walked out to the sunny, colorful streets. I turned the corner to see the handsome boy standing there, waiting for me to get to him. Once I got to Mateo, he side hugged me. "You're a lot shorter than me." He giggled. I nudged his side a little, that made him laugh harder. "Want me to show you around shortie?" He giggled. "Heck yeah." I said racing after him.
We walked to a little home a few streets down. "This is my home. I'll be right back" he said. I nodded and waited outside. He came back out, he brought paint and a piece of white hard wood to paint on and put it into a little backpack. He also had a little basket but he told me it was a secret.
We walked to this little field that had probably the prettiest flowers I've ever seen, and he set the backpack down. He laid a soft blanket. "Wanna sit with me?" I giggled and nodded. He put out candy and a cool looking drink. "What does this say?" I pointed at a label that was written in foreign. "It's a juice, it's like fruit punch." Mateo explain. He also brought a little ball and we played soccer.
After soccer, he began painting, he also said that was a secret until he finished. Once in a while, I would try to peek but he would move it until I couldn't see and he would smile. I decided to make another flower crown. "Done!" He said after I finished tying the last purple flower to the crown. "Show me" I smiled. He flipped the board around and.. it was me. It was beautiful. The various colors mixed together looked amazing! "That's awesome!" I said in amazement. "I like painting pretty things." He smirked. I could feel my cheeks burning red. He giggled a little. "Well this is for you." I said placing the flowers on his head. "Thank you. I'll wear it." He smirked. I laughed.
Darkness grew soon and stars popped out. Mateo placed his jacket behind his head as a pillow and laid back. I laid my head on his stomach and we watched the stars. "H-hey Apollo." He said after a while, breaking the silence. "Yes, Mateo?" I said. "You were one of the kids that were trapped in the mountain right?" He asked. I sat up to see his face. I nodded. I lifted the corner of my shirt, enough for him to see the big scar  on my hip. He ran his fingers over my scar. "Everyone says you are brave. Was it scary?" He asked. "A little. But I'm out now. I'm fine." I smiled. He giggled a little. "I should probably get back to Bellamy and Lexa." I said as we cleaned up our picnic. "I'll walk you back." He smiled. We walked back talking about space and stuff. He told me stories about school and the grounders and his family, I told him about mine. I had to admit, he doesn't suck like most people. I kinda like him.
After a little walk, we got to the tower. "I had a fun time with you, Mateo." I said hugging him. "Me too Apollo." He smiled. He kissed my cheek, "I should get going or my mother will probably get worried. See you later beautiful." He said hugging me again and walking away. I stood at the window, tiptoed, to see the boy walk away.
I walked down the dark hallway to the room where I met Lexa, I walked into the room where the kids talked. They were gone, except Lexa. "You're finally back." She giggled. "Yeah sorry, we lost track of time." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "It's fine, Bellamy and Clarke are in here." Lexa said as we walked to another room. It was a big bedroom, supposedly, Clarke has been staying with Lexa to help her understand 'Skaikru' more. "Little one, how was your date?" Bellamy giggled as I walked in. "Wasn't a date, but.. it was fun." I smiled. All the older kids smiled at me. "You and Apollo can sleep here if you want. It is very dark. It would be hard to see and get back to Arkadia." Lexa offered. Bellamy looked down at me. "S-Sure." He said following Lexa to a room.
We walked to a big room that had blue designs on the walls. The room was huge! It was probably bigger than my home on the ark times 6! There was two beds, a big closet, and a shower. "Is this big enough for you both? I assumed you would want to be with Apollo, to keep her safe." She said to Bellamy. "It's huge! Thank you Heda." I smiled. She smiled down at me. "Get some sleep warrior. Sweet dreams." She smiled. Bellamy nodded. "Thank you Lexa." He said to the girl. She nodded and left.
Bellamy shut the door and turned to me. I stared at him for a second. We both sprinted to the bigger bed and flipped on it. We both giggled. Bellamy stretched across the bed to take up all the room, I stood up an crossed my arms. "Fineee I guesss I'll get the other one." I giggled. He stood up and walked around. "This room is huge bell!" I said walking to my bed. I turned to see Bellamy lifting his shirt to change. I turned to put my stuff down. I walked over to the little room that had the shower. "H-Hey bell, how do you work this one? It's different than the ark." I asked. He walked into the bathroom and twisted the little nob. "Here you go." "Thanks" I said as he walked out.
I took my shower and brushed my hair with a little brush Octavia made me. "Do you know how to braid?" I asked Bellamy as he was reading a book. "Y-yeah, i used to do Octavia's hair." "Can you do mine?" I asked. A big smile grew on his face. He patted the bed, signaling me to sit in front of him. I sat on the bed as he ran his fingers through my wet hair. I soon fell asleep to the touch of his hands playing with my hair.