~training~

I woke up from the cold earth air hitting my face. I opened my blue eyes to see the least bit of daylight starting to shine. I quietly got up and got changed into today's clothes and brushed my hair. I threw my brushed curls into a braid.
I looked over at Bellamy sleeping peacefully. I decided to let him sleep instead of jump on his bed and walked out of the tent. I noticed a little flower at the edge of our tent. That was Octavia and I's signal. It meant to meet the other in the medic bay. I smirked at the flower and sprinted to the medical room. When I arrived, I saw Octavia, Raven and Finn talking as usual. I assumed Finn had just woken up, he was sitting on one of the beds rubbing his eyes and without a shirt. "Need me O?" I asked walking in. She smiled and stood up. "I have a surprise for you today!" She said smiling widely.
She took my hand down the 'ark' hall to a big 'training room.' when we walked in, Lincoln stood there with Miller and.. Murphy?! I was surprised at first. "W-What are we doing?" I asked kinda nervous. "Training you." Lincoln smiled. I started to smirk. I always wanted to fight like the grounders, Bellamy always was scared I would get hurt. "What are they doing here?" I asked pointing at Murphy and Miller. Murphy giggled. "You are fighting them." I smiled.
We practiced my swings and agility for a while and then Lincoln set me up with Murphy.
I stood there ready to swing at him. "Ya ready little one?" He asked getting ready. "I was born ready!" I replied. He giggled. "Alright then.." he said quickly swinging at me. I blocked it and ducked. I swung at his stomach and he winced in pain. As he was hunched over, I punched the boy again, causing him to fall. He tried to grab my ankle to make me go down but I blocked it and ended up wining.
I crossed my arms and smiled as Murphy stood up. "Geez little one." He giggled. Lincoln walked over and ruffled my hair. "Great Job little warrior." He smiled.
We practiced more and I accidentally got a black eye. It didn't hurt, I just wasn't paying attention. Lincoln soon let us all go on with our day and said we go back tomorrow.
I walked out of the ark to the outdoors. I saw Bellamy walking tiredly out of our tent and I sprinted to him. "Goood morning sleeepyheaddd." I said hugging his waist. He laughed. "Good mor- how did you get a black eye!?" "I-I was training! I'm fine bell!" I said. He shook his head. "You have a black eye! Your not fine! We need to get you to Abby!" He said taking me to medic. I saw at the corner of my eye, Murphy slipping under the gate again. He walked to the grounder girl as they walked out into the forest.
Abby put cold stuff on my eye and released me. After I was released, I walked back outside to see a small group of people from polis being let in the gates. I saw Lincoln and Kane welcoming them. I ran over to see if I recognized someone and to my luck, Mateo and his brothers were there. He saw me and smiled. Lincoln and Kane concluded their welcoming speeches as the people scattered Arkadia to look around.
"Mateo!" I said hugging him. "Hey A!" He smiled hugging me back tightly. We finally let go, "what happened to your eye?" He asked, his eyes widened. "Just training.." I responded. He giggled. "So, is it boring here?" He asked. "Kinda, but if your good at pranks like me, it's fun." I responded smirking. He crossed his arms smirking and raising an eyebrow. "Oh really?" He laughed. I smiled and nodded as I showed him around.
I showed him around the 'ark' and the tents and where they set up fire at night. "Wanna have that picnic?" I smirked as I turned to Mateo who followed me. A cute smile rose on his lips as he nodded. I giggled as we sprinted to medic bay. I had made a basket a few days ago to take back to polis but well, polis came to me!
I grabbed the wooden basket and walked to the unfinished part of the gate. I looked back at the grounder boy as he smiled and followed my lead. We walked down to the river, where Octavia took me to talk to Murphy. I set down a quilt that Bellamy gave me. We sat down on the blanket as I took out food from camp.
We sat for a while and talked. He laid back and crossed his arms behind his head. I giggled and laid my head on his stomach.
"Apollo.." he suddenly said, breaking silence. "Yeah?" "What was it like in space?" He asked. I sat up and turned to him. "Well there wasn't much. Solar moon party's, star gazing, and well the sky box." I explain. "What is a sky box?" He asked. My smile faded, bringing back memories of when I got locked up. "Jail." I simply said. "Oh.." he said looking down. "Did you ever go in the sky box?" He asked. I nodded. "The day my mom died, I got arrested and thrown in the sky box for stealing. I was in there for about a year and a half until they sent us to earth." I explained. He hugged me. I smiled again, "so what would've happened if they didn't send you down?" "Well I would stay in the sky box till I am 18, they would take me and interview me again and if the chancellor doesn't think I belong on the Ark, they would kill me." I explained to him. His eyes widened. "So, how is your family?" I asked smiling. "Well, it's just my mom, my 4 brothers and me. I'm the youngest. My father left when I was born and my two older brothers are adults, so I help my mom a lot." He explained to me, making a flower crown. After he finished, he placed it on my head. I smiled.
Darkness came and signaled that it was night time. "We should probably get back." Mateo said. I nodded as we cleaned up.
Walking back to camp was fun. He told me funny stories about his family and we talked about the stars. We finally got back to camp and we snuck under the gate as no one saw us. Mateo and I walked to medic bay just to talk, because usually it's pretty empty.
"Mateo. Come here right now." We both heard a stern voice, interrupting our conversation. I turned to see Mateos two oldest brothers, Titus and Aries. "Aries, we aren't doing anything wrong!" Mateo defended. Aries walked angrily up to us. "You cannot be seen with this 'sky girl'" he said pushing my shoulders back. "She's not just a sky girl!" Mateo said trying to defend me. "Yes she is! And she's trouble! Come with me now or you will be too!" Titus threatened.
Tears began to well up in my blue eyes as I saw Mateo sadly walking away. He ran back and hugged me tightly and ran back to his brother. I looked down at the ground as tear rolled down my cheeks.
I sat there for a while, just thinking. Thinking of Mateo and how much trouble I caused him. Maybe Titus was right. I am just a dumb 'sky girl'.
I left medic bay and walked to my tent. I heard Raven and Finn calling my name but I ignored them. I went to my tent and soon fell asleep as tear continued to drip off my cheeks.