Antagonist

H A J I M E

Everyone was staring at me now. The fact that I quickly stood up whilst the new boy was introducing himself was eye catching. But I couldn't think straight. I couldn't process who he was..

"Hajime?" The teachers worriedly called out and I snapped back to reality.
"Nothing.." I whispered and took my seat.
I glanced at the boy who was also looking at me. He smiled sightly and took a seat at the back.
"Is that him?" Chiaki asked, concern written on her face. I nodded slightly and she sighed.
"It's probably just a coincidence right? I mean he is probably famous?" I rambled on but that just left my mind more muddled up.
Once the bell rang I saw everyone swarm around 'nagito'. Asking him all sorts of questions. But that didn't stop me getting up and slamming my fists on his desk. He flinched but smiled.
"Hajime..!" I heard chiaki from the front of the classroom but I ignored it.
"May I speak to you outside?" I smiled slightly and he looked back with the same expression.
"Of course"

"To think I'm going to get beaten up the day I transfer~" he mumbled softly. I turned around frantically and put my hands in defense.
"I'm not going to hurt you..I just want to ask you something" I stayed and he tilted his head.
"Are you famous? In any single way? Have you been in the news?" I asked, almost embarrassed.
"Huh...? Um..no I haven't?" He replied and the sound of my heart pounding became heavier.
"I-is that so?" I mumbled and paced back into the classroom. Everyone staring with daggers.
Komaeda entered the classroom after me and looked straight at me.
"Hinata, may we have lunch together today?" He asked and I just stared at him.
"Sure" I falsely smiled.

I sat down at the table where Nagito and Chiaki were familiarising themselves with each other. Nagito looked at me with a strange expression and I just looked away.
Why was he in my memories? Who is he? I thought to myself as I spaced out.
I looked at Nagito who didn't have any food with him. He was just speaking to Chiaki when I threw him a muffin. He looked taken back and picked it up.
"Did you mean to throw that at me for a joke?" He bluntly asked and I blushed in embarrassment.
"N-No! You don't have any food with you so I gave you it." I hissed back.
"I live alone..and I can't really cook well" he replied a little low but accepted the muffin with a smile.
"Komaeda, why did you transfer here?" Chiaki asked. She seemed to be playing detective.
"H-huh? Well I had to move..when my parents d-divorced" he replied and Chiaki expressed pity.
I took the time to analyse how Komaeda looked. His eyelashes were exceptionally long and his pale complexion almost made me want to bruise him to see how it would contrast. He had his right hand out whilst his left was on his lap. He has a skinny frame and brittle-looking body. I watched him slowly eat the muffin whilst taking short breaks to talk to Chiaki. He was just like how he was in my dreams.
"Hinata?" I heard his voice and my body flinched.
I couldn't stand him saying my name..it was just like the dream.
I blushed and looked up with scorning eyes.
"W-what?" I replied, almost inaudible.
"You seem a little dazed, are you okay?" He asked and I just pushed his concern away.

After school I began to walk home when I saw Nagito slowly walking behind, in his own little world.
As I turned a left I noticed a young boy with his hood up kneeling on the ground, next to him seemed to be a dog whimpering. The young boys cries were piercing.
"Are you alright..?" I asked and began to walk closer. The boy didn't look back and the trail of blood of the dog led to a truck. I caught on the situation.
"W..We'll get him some help.." I stood almost next to the boy who just kept on crying.
"Hi..Hinata.." I heard my name and spun around to see Nagito with widened eyes.
Could he see it too?
"Get away from him!" he suddenly yelled and I flinched.
"H-huh? What are you talking about?! We need to get a vet!" I yelled back but he just clicked his tongue.
"Get away from him now!" He yelled once more with emphasis.
"Uu...I'm...I'm sorry..." the young boy finally spoke and I kneeled closer. He hugged the dog tighter and my chest tightened.
All of a sudden a figure came closer from the opposite side. The figure came closer to the young boy and petted his head.
"Hinata! Get away from them now..!" Komaeda ran closer to me and grabbed my shoulder.

"I'm sorry...I knew you loved that dog.." the other figure spoke as they took the boys hood down to revealed messy white hair.
Is..is that Komaeda..?

I turned back to Komaeda who was desperately trying to pull me back. "Don't look! Don't look!" He tried to cover my eyes but I already saw.

The crying face of Komaeda who just lost his dog..

"W-why am I seeing this Komaeda..?" I turned to the panicked boy who finally pulled me up and grabbed my arm to run away.
"K-Komaeda! Why did I see that? W-was that you?!" I yelled loud so he could hear me. The stares we were getting caused me to blush but Komaeda kept running.

He finally stopped when he reached an alleyway. He didn't let go of my hand until I pulled it away.
"What the hell was that about?!" I spat but he just looked down.
"Who are you?!"
"Why are you in my dreams?!"
"Why did I see that?!"
I kept rambling on until he slumped to the floor and looked at me.
"It was nothing.." he spoke before standing up and heading down the alleyway.
"Komaeda! Answer me dammit!" I yelled and attempted to follow him but he was already gone.

The next day my eyes darted straight towards Komaeda who was smiling with the company of girls. Chiaki waved at me and I weakly waved back before rushing over to Komaeda's desk.
"Is this a ritual for you?" Komaeda chuckled lightly but I just clicked my tongue.
I grabbed his collar and pulled him up. Everyone gasped and Komaeda looked even more surprised.
"May I speak to you outside" I asked and he nodded.

"You're going to tell me about yesterday whether you like it or not.." I hissed and Komaeda sighed.
"What do you mean? Nothing happened yesterday?" He looked confused and I flinched.
"D-don't bullshit me! I saw you as a kid with your dead pet dog! You were there!" I pushed his lightly and he stood there.
"What are you talking about?" He questioned and I looked down in embarrassment.
Yesterday...did happen...right?

Komaeda took the prolonged silence as a meaning of end of conversation and left for class.

When I got home I realised how behind I was with my homework. I immediately grabbed my textbook and began to compete each and every question. I looked at the clock which read 9:30PM. I sighed and dropped onto my bed.

A blinding light caused my eyes to hurt. I looked forward and saw Komaeda standing there. My eyes widened. Am I dreaming?
Komaeda didn't notice my presence and instead just stood there, with his head down. I hesitantly walked towards him until I was only inches away.
"Komaeda?" I peered to see his expression, in which was a blank canvas.
He finally looked my way and smiled a little bit.
"Hinata..it's been a while.." he whispered before looking forward. Confused, I looked to where his gaze resided and my eyes widened.
Two blank gravestones.
"Who..who are they..?" I muttered.
"My parents.." he smiled.
So it was a lie they divorced..they actually died..?
"Why did you lie?" I asked and he turned to me.
"I don't want to cause unnecessary pity for me" he replied and my chest tightened.
"Why is this happening..?" I stood closer and he gently held my hands. His body shaking a little.
"Please..do not forget..from the bottom of my heart..I am truly in love with the hope that sleeps inside you.." he looked at me and sadly smiled. My chest became even more tighter until my breathing became erratic. I was losing oxygen and the only thing I could do was look into the pitiful eyes of the boy who stood before me. His eyes telling me he was sorry.
"My luck...did this..forgive me.."