Green

H A J I M E

When I woke up the rush of oxygen caused me to have a coughing fit. I stood up in a panic and paced back and forth in my room.
Dammit!
I punched the wall in frustration and found my knuckles bleeding quite heavily.
"What...what is going on.." I sighed and slumped to the floor. I needed to talk to Komaeda. I needed to know what was going on. My mind was too fuzzy.

After the disturbing dream I didn't sleep a wink. I stayed up all night reading books on reoccurring dreams. The drooping of my eyes made me feel like I could fall asleep at any moment. I yawned as I got to the gates of school where Chiaki welcomed me.
"Good morning Hajime" she smiled.
"This is strange..for you to meet me here?" I yawned again.
"Well..I just thought that I wouldn't like you to go in the classroom with a head full of worrying.." she replied with a sweet tone. I thanked her and proceeded to go into the classroom.
"You have PE first huh?" Chiaki asked and my heart sunk.
"Yeah...you're right. I'll go early so I can get changed..thanks Chiaki, really" I waved and left Chiaki to it.

When I got to the changing room I spotted some boys were already there. Luckily today was orienteering.

I was around half way through the orientation when I decided to take a little break. I took a seat far away from the main building so I couldn't get accused of 'slacking'. I closed my eyes for just one moment.

"AH! I FELL ASLEEP!" I suddenly arose. "Shit" I mumbled and realised there was something soft cushioning my head. I looked and saw Komaeda asleep. He was sat up where as I was placed on his lap. I blushed in total embarrassment but quietly thanked him. I hesitantly sat next to Komaeda to give his head some support. He looked exhausted with the bags under his eyes.
"Komaeda..just what are you?" I mumbled to myself. I couldn't understand the boy. He could manipulate my dreams and I could see his memories? I looked at his sleeping face and tucked a piece of his hair out of his mouth.
I felt him squirm and open his eyes when he looked at me. "A-ah I'm so sorry!" He attempted to stand up but wobbled a little.
"Don't worry..you did the same for me.." I mumbled as I stood up. "You know it's dangerous sleeping outside Komaeda?" I cocked my head.
"Says the guy who fell asleep outside before me" he yawned.

"Komaeda..?" I stood forward and he turned his head.
"Why did you lie about your parents..?" I asked without trying to sound pushy. He looked surprised for a moment then smiled. "I didn't want the unnecessary pity" he replied a little sad eyed.
"Then, why do i see you in my dreams?" I asked.
This time he didn't reply.
"Komaeda. It's scaring me that you seem to know me.." I muttered and his stood forward.
"I-I never meant to scare you!" He suddenly yelled and I was taken back.
"Then please tell me what's going on.." I looked at him. My chest tightened and I stood back as I gripped onto my shirt.
"Komaeda" I choked.
"H-Hinata...w-we knew each other in the past.." Komaeda finally blurted and the sense of oxygen came back.
"Really..? So I was just imagining the past..so you were my..friend?" I asked perplexed.
Komaeda blushed and looked down.
"B...boyfriend.." he muttered and it was my turn to blush.
No way?!
"T-that's a lie..!" I hissed. I looked at Komaeda who looked a little hurt.
"Do you think it's dirty?" He asked with a smile on his face.
I gulped and looked down. "N-no! I just don't think we could have that relationship...It's not very normal.." I whispered.
"Is that so?" Was all he said before he grabbed my collar and pushed me against the wall. I flinched at the pain but the pain wasn't what caught my attention.

It was the fact that Komaeda was now kissing me.

He grabbed my wrists with exceeding strength and broke the kiss. I pushed him with as much force as I could give out.
"W-what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled at him and rubbed my lips to attempt to forget what had just happened. Komaeda looked down for a moment and chuckled slightly.
"I just wanted to remember how we were..I'm sorry.." he whispered. I noticed his body shaking a little before his head snapped up. Tears forming in his green eyes.
"P..Please...Don't forget me Hinata" he sobbed and covered his eyes. A lump formed in my throats and each swallow seemed to inflict pain. I looked at my quivering hand and clenched my fist.
"Tell me what is going on Komaeda!" I yelled which caused his body to flinch.
"I...I can't.." he replied and I gritted my teeth.
"Dammit Komaeda! I hardly even know you why are you doing this?!" I hissed and lunged forward, pushing Komaeda to the floor. He hissed in pain and looked up to me.
"Tell me you're sorry for giving me these weird dreams! Tell me you're sorry for making me see your memories! I don't want to live like this..!" I yelled even louder with little tears forming in the corner of my eyes. I clenched my fist tighter and lightly punched his chest.
"Come on Komaeda! You made this happen! Who are you?!" I cried. He grabbed my hand and looked at me.
"I'm..someone you met in the past..." he repeated.
"That doesn't specify anything!" Komaeda squirmed under my body as he tried to get me off.
"What are the dreams?"
"They're..they're just memories of the p-past.."
I tinted red at the thought.
"T-then the hallucinations?"
Komaeda looked up at me. "I'm not sure of them myself..i don't want you to look at my past..." Komaeda sighed. Satisfied with the answer I got up and pulled Komaeda up along with me.
"S-so we were together..?" I mumbled and Komaeda chuckled slightly.
"Yes..but we cant go back..can we?" Komaeda took hold of my hand with a pitiful look on his face. That's all he's been showing me lately. Pitiful expressions like he's truly upset. I gripped tighter before letting go of his hand and standing back.

"We can be friends though" I smiled and turned around to walk away, dreading the wrath of the coach.

K O M A E D A

I'm sorry Hinata..I didn't mean to lie to you..
I looked at my hand that was once in the warmth of Hinata's. The cold now running through my fingers and I relaxed my hand. I looked to my left to see a black void.
"Give me some time.."

H A J I M E

I couldn't get Komaeda out of my head. The fact that me and Komaeda used to date was...scary. I mean I'm not gay! Sure I've never really experienced a relationship with a female but even so.

After receiving a detention from the coach, I made my way to my next lesson. In which was English. At least Chiaki was there I guess.

Once the lecture began my thoughts slipped away as I found myself delving deep into what Komaeda said.
I wonder why I forgot about him..his grass green eyes were sure to be something I couldn't forget..