Chapter 18: The one year anniversary (6)

Ciao! Happy one year anniversary, everyone! It's been exactly one year since the Primo's Wife has been written by yours truly Author-san and I have been very proud of what my acting skills! Anyway, on with the show!

~*~*~*~*~

Winter was cold in Italy. Throughout my stay in the Vongola mansion, Giotto and I frequently saw each other, though the atmosphere was more awkward than not.

I have also visited Benevolio at the orphanage several times, either with Giotto or one of his guardians. Asari was usually the one who accompanied me.

"Merry Christmas." I said, holding out a small box. I have given Elena and each of the guardian a snake scale pendant, decorated with a pigeon feather and a small pig print. It was Christmas Day and  I was about to leave for my famiglia to spend the day with Grandpa and my brothers.

"It's so cute, Soren-chan!"

"Arigato, Hime-sama."

"Yare, yare..."

"Nufufufufu, I thank you, Lady Corona."

"Tch. It's acceptable."

"This is lovely to the max, Lady Soren."

"Hn."

I smiled at each of their reactions. As a result, the they also gifted me a few things in return. A delicate flute from Asari, some assorted quills from Knuckle and Lampo, a bracelet from Elena and Daemon, and a multitude of books from Alaude and G.

Giotto was standing in the corner awkwardly as he stared at me. He looked like a lost puppy in the sea of merriment. I went over to him.

"Merry Christmas, Giotto." I said, handing him a box.

He looked surprise for a moment before staring down at the gift. Opening it, he found a ring. "I know we're technically fiancées." I indicated to the wedding band on my left ring finger. "But that was not an option. Do you like it? I made it myself. It's a trust ring."

The little ring was simple, made of silver with a crown etched into it. I wore a matching one on top of my wedding band. It had a tiny clam on it.

"This..."

Giotto pauses for a moment and took it out. Then, he offered a smile that made his face glow. "Thank you." He placed it on his finger.

Eh? Ehhh??? My cheeks heated up. I placed my hand on them and blinked.

"You smiled!"

A tick mark appeared on his head. "What do you mean by that?!"

"Well, you always look like you're in a pissy mood or look like you wanted to murder someone."

"That's my smile!"

"No it isn't. Those are all fake and I can totally tell."

He grumbled. Rolling my eyes, I stood on my tippy toes (damn his blasted height!) and pecked him right on the cheek. "I'll be going now. See you tonight, Giotto! My grandfather will want to meet you at the banquet!"

He was still frozen here at the corner and I made my escape. By the time I was hopping into a carriage, there was a roar.

"SOREN!"