Chapter 17: I'm bad with children, okay? (5)

'Hey'- Soren
'Hey'- Narrator-San
"Hey"- Soren's OOC
'Hey'- Author-San
'Hey'- Soren's intro
---------------------------------

"Where you grew up?" I asked, surprised by the turn of event. Wow. Who knew this idiot would show me this.

I mean, I knew Giotto had grew up in the slums, but I didn't think he would take me somewhere so private.

Then again, he did look pretty bipolar. I mean, sometimes he's basically smiling at me all bright and happy as a puppy, and other times, he's basically acting like a cold eggshell.

Today, I think he's the eggshell.

"Yes." Giotto suddenly smiled brightly. Never mind. He's being a puppy. "Right there." He pointed to a small little shack in the dark alley of the slum.

I looked at it curiously before drawing my eyes to the blonde. "... Giotto..." I said. A look of pity suddenly rose for the Primo.

He had a pretty sad life growing up. I would think that's what made him so twisted (at least as twisted as I've known him so far.

I wanted to console him out of sympathy, but he was already riding toward the shack.

I stood there for a little while before following after him.

"Giotto!" There was a sudden call before small footsteps came toward us, filing out of the building.

"Brother Giotto has come back!"

"Big brother! Big brother!"

"Hey! There he is!"

"Ara? Giotto, you've come again." The last voice came from a middle aged woman who emerged from the shack.

She wore a purple robe and held a happy smile on her face as Giotto went to talk to her. I stood behind to watch as a group of children ranging between the ages of three to fifteen surrounded them.

Giotto spoke with her for a moment and she nodded. "I see." She responded with a happy grin. She turned to the children and ushered them inside, promising that Giotto would see them later. From afar, I could tell she was a good person.

The lady unexpectedly walked toward me and looked at me warmly

The lady unexpectedly walked toward me and looked at me warmly. "My name is Claira. You must be Gio's fiancée. Soren, is it?"

I nodded in response, smiling at her with equal warmth. This lady gave off a good vibes.

"I see. I hope you can take care of him. He was always a troubled child." She said, taking a hold of my hand. "You know, I remembered this time where Giotto climbed an apple tree near the orphanage just so he could escape the wrath of a tiny chihuahua-"

"A-Auntie!" A very flustered Giotto quickly squeaked out as he tried to stop Claire from mentioning anything more on his fear of dogs.

I looked at him strangely and he seemed to be staring back nervously. Then a smirk formed on my face. "Ohh~"