Chapter 14: Can't you feel the love? Because I certainly can't. (2)

"Soren!" Elena suddenly quipped as she pulled me into a hasty embrace.

"Elena! It is good to see you again." I said cheerfully, completely ignoring the other men in the carriage.

"Come now, we haven't spoken to one another since your banquet (refer to ch. 4). We have some catching up to do."

She pulled me further into the carriage. I saw there were lots of room inside the vast vehicle. For a moment, I stood there admiring it.

Elena guided me to the window seats where the two of us could sit across from each other as we spoke to one another good-naturedly.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see the confused looks shooting toward us from Giotto and his Guardians.

Men. The can never understand.

"-Oh, how is the wedding coming through? Have you and Daemon planned a certain date?"

"Hmm, I hav given some thoughts to a spring wedding. It would be nice, perhaps in May? The wedding would be in less than a year by then."

I nodded. "Well, it would be best if you and Daemon book the wedding venue earlier. Did the two of you agree on where the ceremony would be held at?"

Elena shook her head. "I was thinking perhaps the cathedral or the church, but he wants it to held at the Vongola mansion. For now, we are still unsure."

"Why not compromise? The two of you can be wedded inside the church and then take the party back to the mansion to celebrate."

"Oh, you're right! That is a good idea. Daemon!"

The indigo melon headed mist guardian was suddenly appearing meekly when he turned to his fiancée.

I saw the pitying eyes casted to him by the rest of the guardians.

"... Yes, Elena?"

"Well," The blonde woman smiled brightly. "Soren had suggested a great idea for our wedding." She began.

There was some type of dark blue lines appearing across half of Daemon's face before he seemingly sucked up some courage and faced his fiancée.

Elena looked very excited. Daemon was sweating his fancy pants off.

"I think I'll go... sit over there." I said quickly, seeing how Elena suddenly had that spark in her eyes.

She looks like a wedding fanatic, and judging by Daemon's reaction, it must be very scary. I do not want to get between that, especially since Giotto and I are engaged. Don't know what kind of ideas might be spiraling through Elena's head. Better to play it safe.

I stood up and smoothly walked over to another window seat, ironically, it was across from Giotto.

Hmm. I still can't figure him out. One moment, he seems like a pretty nice guy. Kinda reminds me of Tsuna, seeing how clumsy he is. But then the next, he is always glaring at me or trying to antagonize me.

Perhaps he's bipolar?

Unfortunately, that was not the case. It seems Giotto has caused a misunderstanding between him and Soren.

Or is he just an idiot?

I internally shrugged. Maybe he's both.

I blankly looked outside the window.

Ah, what a nice day.

I felt Ren slithered down my arm and onto my lap. Absentmindedly, I was stroking her head in a daze.