Chapter 12: Luca Corona, he's my grandpa... and I love him (6)

'Hey'- Soren
'Hey'- Narrator-San
"Hey"- Soren's OOC
'Hey'- Author-San
'Hey'- Soren's intro
---------------------------------

Luca's POV:

My name is Luca Corona, the current don and Settimo of the Senva Corona Famiglia.

I have long realized that the Mafia was a dangerous world to live in. Nevertheless, I chose to stay. As a young man back then, I did not think of the consequences by taking the position of don.

I was the third son of Corona Sesto, my Father. He was not a man whom I held any love for, to be frank, neither of us acknowledged one another even after many years. It was just how it was. Father ignored Maman and I for many years. He neglected his wife, as he he did not see her as useful anymore. She bore him three sons, but the older two did not have Mist or sky flames, while I, the youngest, was considered a no flame cripple. The only ones he truly accepted were Roberto and Francesco.

Senva Corona was corrupted at the time of my father's rule. Under him, our Famiglia was feared, not for our power, but the chaos and disturbances we created among the people. Civilians lived in terror and the other Famiglias chose to not associate with us.

The rule of Corona Sesto was both frightening and cruel.

My Maman was a beautiful lady. While Father gave all his attention to my two older brothers, Maman was the one who gave me love. She taught me kindness, training me to become a capable lord. Never a boss, no, she did not want me to live in a world of bloodshed.

Ironically, this lead me deeper into the world of Mafia.

Maman had a brother, Uncle Brema. He practically raised me like his own son. He was also deeply in the Mafia.

While Maman was teaching me lessons on forgiveness, Uncle Brema trained me in the art of cold blooded negotiation. He wanted me to become don. The dark horse that will win the competition against my two brothers.

I was only twelve when I first discovered my flames. Both my mother and uncle caused my dying will to ignite.

It was Maman who taught me the key to unleashing the Sky Flame. All the kindness and care that went into her lord training resulted in the Sky Flame. However, it was not the Flame I would truly come to know best.

It was with my Uncle, when he placed me in a life or death situation, that I unlocked the flames I most adored.

I needed to fight him. And win. Or else he would kill me himself.

The battle was hard won, for I was victorious. Though, I have some doubts that my uncle had purposely lost for my sake.

But in the end, I unleashed the second Flame.

Mist.

Deception and illusion was what formed Senva Corona. However, not many of the past bosses had these traits. Most had sky flames.

Both Roberto and Francesco and my father inherited the Sky Flame. None of them had gotten Mist.

I had both.

Uncle never got a chance to see me fight against my brothers. He disappeared on a mission my father sent him.

With the loss of my uncle, Maman became more overbearing, trying to desperately pull me away from the dark underworld.