Chapter 16: The not-a-date at the beautiful slum (4)

'Hey'- Soren
'Hey'- Narrator-San
"Hey"- Soren's OOC
'Hey'- Author-San
'Hey'- Soren's intro
---------------------------------

Ciao! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday seasons! Time to get festive, ne? I hope you all enjoy this chapter and wish me the best of luck. Giotto is a scary guy, huh? Who knew, right? Right

Okay, enough. Quit poking fun at him. He's a lot more nicer than you!

Ah, Narrator-San, you're back!

Not for long. Sorry, Narrator-San. You're still on standby until the end of this arc.

Yes, boss!

Okay, everyone. Together now...

Hai!

Of course!

We hope you like this chapter!

~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the month passed without any trouble. My daily life consisted of interacting with Elena (and Daemon) and Asari.

Sometimes, I would visit and speak with Knuckle. Most of our conversation is usually about healing. He has given me a few lessons on the art of medicine and how to apply first aid to superficial wounds.

G and I are mutually indifferent toward one another. He looks at me. I look at him. We nod. We leave. It's a good relationship we have there.

And Alaude? Damn, I avoid him like the plague. Hell no am I getting near that platinum Italian counterpart CIA agent. We are both agents. I am the CIA-Quartermaster-in-modern-reality to his Italian-head-of-a-secret-intelligence-agency-in-an-anime-universe. And he kinda sucks at talking...

As for Lampo, he and I actually got along splendidly. He has become friend number four. Elena being number one. Asari ranked two. And Knuckle ranked three. The lightning guardian is right there at four.

It's actually quite a funny story, how we met.

It all started when I was visiting the Vongola Library...

"What are you doing?" Lampo asked lazily. He was sleeping next to the window behind the bookshelf. I must have woken him up, judging by how he was watching me read the novel placed in my hand.

"Reading. It is a wonderful book, Crime and Punishment. Simply fascinating." I lied.

Actually, I was thinking of a way to repaint my walls in the guest room. That orange is just... too much.

He rose an eyebrow. "With the book upside down?"

I paused and realized that yes, I was holding the book the upside down.

"Uhh, it is known to be true that by reading the words upside down, it helps with your concentration and gives more visual appeal to the story." I could feel myself cringe internally while spouting random bullshit to this man.

Suddenly, the lightning guardian's eyes lit up. "Really?! Teach me!"

And that was how we became friends. Turns out, Lampo likes innovations.

He now started to teach some of the Vongola soldiers to read upside down, so in the case of emergency that any important documents in the enemy's territory are ever turned in the wrong direction, it will be easy to read that stuff and store it into memory.

Ah, and it all started with my fantastic, bullshitting skills.

Anyway, with that said, a month passed peacefully during my stay in the mansion. And now it comes down to this. The not-a-date That Giotto has proposed we go on.