Chapter 39

Tessa's POV

I skipped down the steps and whistled at Jake and Erika.

Tessa-"So rik, did you have fun last night?"

She dragged me by the wrist and yanked me into her room.

Erika-"you heard us?!?"

Tessa-"Yeah, and the neighbors probably did too."

Erika-"oh my god. Who else heard?"

Tessa-"Chance was the only other person home..."

She blushed and we walked out of her bedroom. Jake raised and eyebrow and she nodded. Chance walked down the stairs and I couldn't help but blush.

Chances POV

Chance-"hey guys"

Everyone said hi except Tessa.

Emilio-"how was your night Chance did you sleep well?"

Chance-"great, I slept better than I have in the last week."

I winked at Tessa, and she giggled. Everyone looked at her and she blushed.

Tessa-"What? I can giggle!"

Jake-"clearly, but why?"

Tessa-"I got a text from someone! Like a guy someone."

Jake-"and this is where Erika steps In! I'm out!"

Erika walked away too leaving Chance and I alone with Emilio.  We awkwardly sat there, and then I walked away. A minute later I heard someone put in my door code, and Chance walked in.

Chances POV

Chance-"So Tessa, what are we? I still love you and-"

Tessa-"look Chance, I love you too. My heart tells me to go for it, but my head says to just be friends."

Chance-"So is that a no..."

Tessa-"I have been trusting my heart for the last year and look where it has gotten me. I'm sorry Chance. But we just can't be together. I don't trust you.."

I felt as if I had been stabbed. Warm tears rolled down my face and I wished I could redo that night at the club. If only I did not go, or did not drink, maybe I would not have lost the best thing that has ever happened to me. I shut Tessa's door and walked into my room. I punched the drywall and created a huge hole. I hung up a bandana to cover the hole and thought about what had happened. Tessa had every right to never talk to me again, but she did. She saved my reputation by saying I never cheated, I knew that I did not deserve someone as amazing as Tessa. I re download tinder and tried to keep my mind of the current situation. I swiped left on every girl, none of them even compared to Tessa.