1

I see him down the street. His black leather jacket always made him stand out. He ran to me. As he got to me he picked me up by my hips. I laughed as he spun us around. He set me back on the ground. "I love you corazón."

I smiled. "I love you."

He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear smiling at me. "Wake up Leia,". I look at him confused. He ran his finger down my arm and side. "Leia you're gonna be late."

I opened my eyes. Mom stood over me shaking me. She smiled at me as I sat up. "Hey, sweetie. Sorry for waking you but you're gonna be late for school."

I rubbed my eyes and yawned. "It's okay, thanks, mom."

She chuckled throwing her straight chestnut brown hair up into a ponytail. "Looked like a pretty nice dream you were having."

I threw my legs over the side of my bed. "Yeah, it was something."

She gave me a soft smile. Mom and I always get confused for sisters because of her age and youthful look. She had me and my brother when she was fifteen. We have identical hazel brown eyes and wavy chestnut brown hair but I have artificial caramel highlights. She patted my cheek and kissed the top of my head. "I'm taking a double shift tonight so you and Luke need to figure out dinner." I nodded. She grabbed her purse from the ground. "I made breakfast for all of you. Have fun at school."

"Bye Mama," I called out as she left my room. I took off my crop black t-shirt and blue pajama shorts. I grabbed a black bra and matching black lace underwear and slipped them on. I started rifling through my clothes to pick an outfit.

"Luke Evans, wake up right now!" I heard mom yell from the other room. I chuckled.

A wolf whistle brought my attention outside. "Ugh not again," I sighed turning around. Standing at his balcony right across from mine is my neighbor Nicholas Torres. Our balconies are right across from each other so I always see and hear him. His dark brown hair is perfect to run my hands through and his dark blue eyes sparkle when you look into them long enough. Nick is my brother's best friend. He has lived next door to us since he moved here in the third grade. I've liked him for over six years. "Morning Nick."

"Corazón you're looking fine this morning."

"You make it a habit to look through people's windows?"

"Hey it's not my fault you left your window open," he said with a hint of a smirk on his face. "I was just innocently standing in my room and I got a free show."

I rolled my eyes pulling on my dark ripped blue jeans. "Are you getting a ride with us?" He nodded. "Then I'll see you in a bit," I said about closing my curtain.

"Corazón wait." I opened it back up raising my eyebrow. He has called me by that nickname since we were twelve. He smiled at me. "Wear that lace shirt I like."

I walked over to my closet grabbing a black lace crop top. I walked back over holding it up. "This one?" He nodded. "Okay." I shrugged it on. "Come on over, mama made food."

"I'm walked over now." He turned around but then turned back to look at me. "Unless you want to continue this show for me?"

"I'll see you in a few." I walked into my bathroom with my phone in my hand. I set it down on the counter. "Hey Siri, play my morning playlist." Music filled my bathroom as I got ready. I brushed through my hair and ruffle it up a bit. I applied my liquid foundation and put on my black volume mascara.

Dana Bear🧸: Can you still give me a ride to school?
ME: yeah
Dana Bear🧸: good cause I'm in your kitchen with Luke

I rolled my eyes. I packed my backpack before walked downstairs. Dana was sitting on the island counter eating a bowl of cereal next to Luke. She and I have been friends since our diaper days. I grabbed my plate of pancakes sitting next to Luke. "Morning Lei," Dana said with a mouthful of cereal.