30

"I can't believe you invited him," I groaned crossing my arms over my chest. Luke rolled his eyes. He flipped the steaks over and shut the cover of the barbecue. "And you didn't even bother to ask me how I felt about it."

"He's our dad Leia. sorry if I actually want a relationship with him."

"It took him seventeen years to want a relationship."

"He didn't know about us," he screamed at me. I stepped back. "That isn't his fault, it's mom's."

"Don't blame mom."

"Damn corazón," I turned around to see Nick walking out of the house wearing a black button-down shirt and a pair of tan khakis. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. "you look good enough to eat."

"You're a dork," I said turning my head and kissing his cheek.

"Seriously where have you been hiding this dress?" I had on a dusty red rippled tank top dress that went to my mid thighs and hugged my body.

"Don't fucking talk about my sister like that," Luke growled.

"The fuck has your dick in a twist?"

"Just go inside Leia, I don't want to argue with you today."

I rolled my eyes. I walked out of Nick's arms and back into the house. I sat down on one of the stools at the island. Mom looked up from cutting up the fruit. "Everything okay?"

"Luke and I just got into an argument."

"About?" I shook my head. She smiled at me. "Would you cut up apples?" She asked. I nodded standing up. She handed me a mix of red and green apples.

I started cutting the apples. Two arms wrapped around my waist and a pair of lips kissed my bare shoulder. "You okay?" I nodded. He rested his chin on my shoulder. "Miss Mabel, you look beautiful. If this doesn't work out with Leia and me-" she had on a simple long sleeve light grey dress.

I reached up and smacked the back of his head. Mom chuckled. "That's very sweet of you Nick. And if I was a couple years younger and you were a few years older, I might just have taken you up on that."

"Mom!"

She and Nick chuckled. I put the cut up apples in the crystal bowl alone with the other fruits mom had cut up. I got up at the knock at the door. "You two be good," I warned.

"No promises," Nick chuckled. I slapped his shoulder. I started walking to the door yelping when he gently squeezed my butt. "Ow, sorry." I looked back to see mom smacking him on the head with a dish rag. "Won't happen again."

I walked over to the door and opened it. Alan was standing there with two bags and a bouquet of red roses. He smiled at me. "Hey Leia, merry christmas."

"Merry Christmas," I said. I walked back into the kitchen.

He followed behind me. "Mabel and Nick right?" Nick nodded. "Merry christmas both of you. Leia, these are for you and Luke." I took the bags from him and walked into the living room, setting them next to the other presents. I walked back into the kitchen. "Mabel, the flowers are for you."

"That's very nice of you, Alan." She took them from him. She grabbed a plastic cup from the cupboard and filled it with water placing them in it. She moved the cup to the counter by the fridge.

I grabbed the plate of fruit and walked it into the dining room. I took a breath in before walking back into the kitchen. "Mabel, now i don't mean to be rude but are you really going to let her wear that? It's a bit inappropriate for a family dinner."