27

"Let's bring out and recognize our seniors from the gymnastics team and wrestling team." Brandi and her dad walked down the court first followed by Dana and her parents. Cynthia and her family walked across the stage before me.

Mom and Luke stood on either side of me. Edward stood off to the side. I leaned over mom to look at him. "Edward?"

"Yeah Leia?"

"Do you wanna walk down with us?" i asked, hoping he'd say yes.

He smiled. "I'd love to." mom smiled and kissed the side of my head. He stepped over to us next to mom. "Thanks." I smiled. Luke and I haven't told him or mom but we both really like Edward and are hoping it lasts between the two of them. I've never seen my mom happier than she has been with him.

"Leia Evans, escorted by her mother Mabel, her brother Luke, and her father," the announcer said. We started walking across the court to coach and the other gymnasts. Coach handed me a yellow rose, the same as the other girls. "She has been on the gymnastics team since her freshman year. Her favorite part about being has been creating routines with her best friend Dana. we will miss you."

I heard a loud whistle from the stands. I looked up to see Nick standing up. "That's my girlfriend!" he yelled. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. I saw Tessa sitting next to him shaking her head embarrassed.

They started announcing the wrestlers next. There were six senior wrestlers this year including Ricky. The boys and their families started walking one by one as they were announced. Ricky was standing at the edge of the court looking backwards. He played with the ends of his hands. Mom sighed. "I'll be right back." I raised my eyebrow. She walked around the court over to Ricky and grabbed his hands. He smiled at her.

Luke and I nodded at each other. We jogged over to them with Dana following behind us. I saw Nick and Tessa running down the bleachers. I grabbed Ricky's hand. "Thank you guys, i'm really sorry. I thought my parents were coming but i guess not."

"We're your family too," I said smiling at him. He kissed the top of my head. Nick patted Ricky's back before wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him. "And besides, you know how Nick likes to be at the center of attention whenever possible."

"Hey," whined Nick.

I shrugged. "Don't whine when i'm right."

"And our last senior of the night. Ricky Sanchez, escorted by... his mother and siblings. He has been on the wrestling team since his sophomore year. His favorite part about being on the team has been being the state champion the last two years and he hopes to take home the title again this year. We're gonna miss you."

"Good luck you guys," said mom before grabbing Edward and following the families off the court.

Nick kissed the side of my head making me smile. "Don't fall."

My jaw dropped. "Don't say that," I whined. He chuckled. I pushed at his chest. "You jerk, now i'm gonna fall," I whimpered.

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head still laughing. "Corazón, I was kidding. Relax. You're gonna do great."

"If i fall, i'm gonna kill you." he rolled his eyes. He walked back up to the bleachers with Tessa and Luke. I walked over to the beam and sat down next to the team as Dana started her routine. She loved doing tricks on the beam while I was always terrified of slipping off. She's really good and usually scores pretty high. She dismounts with a roundoff backhandspring layout. I jumped up and hugged her.

She hugged me back. We looked over at the judges. They held up the signs with a 9.4. She hugged me again. She wrapped her arm around me as we walked over to where they were doing floor. Brandi was doing her routine to just the music of "Friend like me" from Aladdin. Her routine was fun and had a lot of great tumbling skills in it. She ended up scoring an 8.7.