47

I packed my makeup bag, my overnight bag, and grabbed my prom dress from my closet. I walked downstairs. Mom and Edward were on the couch reading together. She was laying in between his legs. He twirled a strand of his hair between his fingers lazily. "Hey guys, i'm heading over to Dana's."

Mom stood up and walked over to me. "Got everything for tonight?" i nodded. "Everything is good with the hotel room tonight?" i nodded. "Make sure to send me lots of pictures, have fun and stay safe okay?"

"I always am."

"And remember, nothing has to happen unless you want it to and it's okay if you want it to happen.

"Nothing is gonna happen mama, all of us are hanging in the hotel room so that'd just gonna be weird." i hugged her. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I walked outside and got into my car. I drove to dana's house parking behind Dana's car in her driveway. I walked up to the front door. I knocked a couple of times. Dana opened it. "Girl i told you to be here at one."

"Girl, it's 1:02."

"And now we're two minutes behind schedule. I am doing my hair and makeup, your hair, and Tessa's makeup."

"I'm sorry for being late, may i please come in?" she opened the door wider for me. I walked with her downstairs to the basement. She pushed me to sit down on one of the rolling chairs in front of a full-length mirror. She pulled my hair out of the ponytail. She started brushing my hair.

Tessa and Luke walked downstairs. "Hey sorry we're late, Luke never bought me a corsage so we had to go buy one. We put it in the fridge."

Luke plopped down on the couch. "No one told me i had to buy one," he grumbled. Tessa sat down on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. "Sorry babe."

Dana pulled half my hair into a bun on top of my head. She started straightening my hair while Tessa and Luke turned on the tv. It took her about a half hour to straighten all my hair. When she was done she kicked me off the chair and pulled Tessa onto the chair. I headed into the bathroom with my makeup bag. I pulled out all my things. "Hey corazon, you look beautiful."

"I haven't put on my makeup yet."

"And yet you're still the most beautiful girl i've ever seen." i smiled. He leanded against the door frame and crossed his arms over his chest. "Do you mind if i keep you company?" i shook my head. He walked in sitting down on the side of the tub. He watched me in silence while i did my makeup. I did a white-winged eyeliner, pink matte lipstick, and light pink blush.

I turned around. "How do i look?"

"Beautiful," he said standing up. He walked over to me placing his hands on the counter on either side of me. "Absolutely beautiful." he leaned down to kiss me. I quickly turned my head so his lips hit my cheek. He sighed. "And you don't want to kiss me anymore do you?"

"Umm n-i i'm sorry."

"It's okay baby, i know it's gonna take a while to earn your forgiveness." he kissed my cheek on purpose. "I got you a sunflower corsage."

"Why did you get me a corsage?"

"It's customary to get your date a courage isn't it?"

"Nick that's really sweet but you never asked to prom. Dana and i are going with Ricky."

"But we're dating again, i just assumed we were going together."

"Yeah but Ricky asked us weeks ago."

"Okay," he said, a hint of sadness laced in his voice. He rubbed my arms up and down. "If Ricky doesn't get you a corsage will you wear mine?"