40

"Leia come on we are both late and Luke already left," yelled mom from downstairs. I grabbed my things. "Leia!"

"I'm coming!"

i ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. Mom put a bowl of cereal in front of me. "You have five minutes okay? I need to grab my things."

She walked out of the kitchen. I started eating as fast as i could. The front door opened and closed. Nick walked over to me and sat down beside me. He groaned as he laid his head on the counter. I brushed his sweaty hair back. "Nick are you okay?" he shook his head. "Hey, mom?" i shouted.

"What is it Leia?" she asked walking back into the kitchen. "Nick, what's the matter?" he groaned. She put the back of her hand against his forehead and cheek. "Oh baby you're burning up."

"I know," he groaned. "Abuela said I needed to get out of the house, away from Elena." he lifted his head up only to put it back on the counter. "I was throwing up all night, my head is pounding, and i'm hot."

"Well you certainly can't go to school today so you're welcome to stay here. Leia do you have anything important in your classes today?" i shook my head. "Okay then you can stay home with him. Make sure he drinks lots of water and eats as much as he can. Try chicken noodle soup and saltine crackers."

"Okay."

"Call me if he seems to get worse." she kissed my cheek and the top of his head before leaving.

"Come on, let's go to the couch you can rest there." i pulled him up to stand and helped him into the living room. I gently pushed him to lay down on the couch. "I'm gonna get you some tea, yell if you think you're gonna throw up." he nodded. I walked back into the kitchen.

"Leia!" i grabbed a big bowl and ran it out to him. I handed it to him. He started throwing up.

"Oh baby, can you walk to the bathroom?" he nodded. I walked him into the bathroom. He kneeled down in front of the toilet and continued throwing up. I sat down beside him rubbing his back. Soon he wasn't throwing up food anymore. I kissed his shoulder. "You need some food, puking stomach acid isn't good for you." i stood up. I walked back into the kitchen. I poured water into a mug and microwaved it. I put in the tea bag letting it sit for a minute. I grabbed a can of chicken noodle soup and microwaved that next. I walked back out to the living room. I set the mug and bowl down on the table.

I walked back into the bathroom. Nick was sitting down leaning against the wall. I sat down in front of him. He opened his arms up. "Come here."

"Not today, you're sick."

"But i want snuggles."

I grabbed his hands and pulled him up to stand. "Not when you're sick." we walked back into the living room. "Now eat." he started slowly eating his soup. I sat down next to him. When he was done i watched him drink all his tea. "Do you want to shower or do you want to try to sleep?"

He laid down and opened his arms up. "Cuddles."

"I already said no. Nick i don't want to get sick."

"You won't get sick," he whined. "Just lay with me." i shook my head again. He threw his head back. "Leia!"

"Ugh you are such a baby when you are sick. no!"

"I just want to cuddle."

"I am not getting sick because you want to cuddle."

"Pretty please," he pouted jutting out his bottom lip.

"Fine i'll cuddle but no kissing and blanket stays between us."

I laid with my back against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. He nuzzled his head into my neck. He peppered my neck with soft kisses. I sighed closing my eyes. "I love you corazón."