44

I covered my mouth as i cried. I hid in my bathroom trying to be as quiet as possible. I wrapped my arms around myself. I didn't know what to do. I love him so much. I don't want to lose him but i know that if he chooses me, one day i will lose him. He'll regret choosing me one day. Either way i'll lose him. Either way, my heart gets broken.

"Leia? Open the door, come on, you've been in there all day," yelled Luke from outside my locked bathroom door. He banged on the door. "Leia!"

"Go away," i cried with a cracked voice.

"Princess, please let me help you." i didn't answer him this time. I could hear his footsteps fade away.

A few minutes later i heard footsteps again. "Leia?" asked Nick. i sighed. "Corazon, open the door." i covered my ears trying to drown him out. "Leia you open this door right now or i swear to god i'll knock this door down." i started crying harder. "Leia, make sure you're away from the door." i could hear louder bangs on the door. I screamed when the door finally crashed down. He ran across the door and over to me. He kneeled down in front of me. "Are you okay? Did it hit you?" i shook my head. "Thank god. Now what the hell is wrong?"

"Just leave me alone," i whimpered.

"Corazon, you're scaring me. What's wrong?"

"We need to break up," i whispered.

"What?"

"We need to break up."

He grabbed my face. "Leia, you're upset and you're not thinking straight."

"I am thinking straight Nick. we don't work. We should never have gotten together, we should've just stayed friends. We need to break up."

He slowly let me go. "You can't be serious."

"I am."

"Leia, please tell me this is just some horrible form of a practical joke."

"It's not a joke Nick, i'm really sorry. I wanna be frie-"

"No," he said standing up.

"Nick-"

"If you don't want to be with me, fine. We're done. I never loved you anyways."

"Don't say that."

"You're naive you know that? why would i love someone who wouldn't even put out." my eyes widened. "I'm done, see you around Leia." he walked out of the bathroom and out of my bedroom.

I screamed out a cry. Every inch of my body ached. Luke ran into my bathroom and dropped to the floor next to me. "Leia, what happened? Did he hurt you?"

"He never loved me," i cried.

I fell into his arms. He hugged me tightly rocking me back and forth. "Shh shh shh princess. I got you." i cried until my throat was so dry i could no longer make a sound. He picked me up, holding me tight to him, and walked us out of the bathroom. He walked us out of my room and into his. He gave me his water bottle. I took a couple of sips. "Leia, what happened?" i shook my head. He laid down beside me wrapping his arms around me. I closed my eyes and let myself give in to my exhaustion.

The next morning Luke shook me awake. "Hey," he whispered. "You gotta get up and get ready for school." I nodded. I slowly stood up. I walked into my bedroom. I put on a pair of sweats and a hoodie. I walked downstairs. Luke was waiting for me. "Are you ready to go?" i nodded. We walked out to his car and he drove us to school.

Dana, Tessa, and Ricky were waiting for us by his parking spot. I stepped out of the car. Dana wrapped her arms around me. "I'm here when you need me."

"I know," i whispered. She kept her arm wrapped around my shoulder. Tessa wrapped her arm around my waist. We walked into the school. I stopped in my tracks when i saw him. He had Missy against the locker smiling. Nick looked over at us. He smirked. I felt my eyes well up with tears. "Get me out of here," i whispered.

"Okay let's go," said Dana. she turned me around.

Luke kept walking into the school. Ricky groaned. "Tessa come on, you gotta help me keep him from killing Nick." tessa sighed and followed him.

Dana held me close to her as we walked to her car. We got in and drove back to my house. She walked me upstairs. I crawled under the covers and wrapped myself in my blankets. "Girls? What are you doing here? You have school." Dana walked over to mom and pulled her over to my door. They talked in a whisper for a minute. Mom sighed. "I'll call the school and tell them you're sick." she walked over to me sitting down beside me. She kissed my forehead. "Your heart will heal in time, i promise." she pulled another blanket on top of me and tucked me in. she walked out of my room leaving dana and i alone.

Dana walked over to me. She pushed me back to lay down with me. I lifted the blankets up and threw them over her. She grabbed my hand. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Why would i love someone who wouldn't even put out?"

"Oh honey he didn't."

"He never loved me," i sniffled. "I meant nothing to him." she reached up and wiped my tears away. "I love him."

"I know."

"I didn't want him to give up his future for me."

"I know."

"I don't want him to regret being with me one day."

"I know."

"All I want is for him to be happy, even if it's not with me. I want it to be with me but it can't be. He'll do great here. He'll play football, get his degree, and have the future i always knew he could have. If he follows me, he won't have that. He won't be happy there. He's always wanted to follow in his mom's footsteps, to have a connection with her again. I won't be enough for him. I love him so much it hurts and that's why i had to let him go."