18

It's been a week since Nick sang to me. It's been a week since he told me he liked me. And it's been a week since I walked away. It's been a week.

Tonight's the playoff game. We were playing our rival school. For the first time all year, we were losing, 27 to 0. Nick hasn't caught a single pass and he's interfered with other players scoring. I was scared we were actually going to lose our first game all season.

Luke threw a pass at Nick in the end zone. His hands were up and open but as the pass came he dropped them. We all groaned. He looked over at me. He tapped his heart twice and gave me a two-finger salute. My eyes widened and I gasped. "He's throwing the game."

"What?" asked Dana.

"He's throwing the game," I said as I jumped down from my crate. I ran over to the bench. "Coach."

"Leia, what are you doing? What do you want?"

"Call a timeout."

"Go back to the track Leia, I'm not gonna call a timeout for you."

"You do if you wanna win," I said. He scoffed. "Call one if you want a touchdown scored."

"Fine." He called a timeout and the boys came back. "I'm trusting you so this better work."

I grabbed Nick by the helmet and dragged him away from the group. "Oww, Leia what are you doing? Stop," he yelled. I let go of him. He ripped his helmet off. "What are you doing?"

"Stop throwing the game."

"That's what you wanted isn't it?"

"No."

"No?" he asked sternly. "So you didn't tell me to prove myself to you by throwing the game? Did I imagine it or something? Cause I don't think I fucking imagined it, Leia."

"I did but I didn't mean for you to actually do it," I cried. "I wanted you to agree to do it but I would never make you go through it," I said. I put my hand against his cheek. "You proved it to me now please stop throwing the game."

"So does that mean you'll go out with me? That you'll be my girlfriend?"

I nodded. "I'd really like that." He smiled, picking me up and spinning me around. "Okay okay, you have to go play now."

He set me back down on my feet. He grabbed his helmet. "Wait can I have a kiss first?"

"Score some touchdowns and we'll talk."

He smirked. "You got it, Corazón."

He ran back over to the bench while I ran back over to the cheerleaders. Dana grabbed my hand. "What just happened?"

"I told him yes." she started squealing and jumping up and down. I laughed. Tessa came over to us looking at us weird. "I said yes to Nick," I told her.

"Oh my god that's awesome," she laughed hugging me.

"I know but I swear if we lose this game i'll dump him." they both rolled their eyes. By halftime, we were tied thanks to Nick actually scoring touchdowns and allowing the team to score. "Brandi let's go!"

She nodded and ran over to us. The four of us got our mics and walked onto the field with the dance team. Brandi has stage fright so she only sings with us every once and awhile. The music to "Lady Marmalade'' started playing. Dana sang Pink's part, Brandi sang Mya's part, Tessa rapped Lil' Kim's part, and I sang Christina's part because I'm the only one who can hit the notes. When we were done we walked back over to the others. The football players ran out a few minutes after us. Nick looked over at me and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back. He started talking to Gil. Gil made his way over to me and handed me another note.

I scored three touchdowns, does that get me three kisses? Cause if they do I want them in the form of making out.

I rolled my eyes. I folded up the note and tucked it into my skirt. "Would you tell Nick to focus on the game and not me?" Gil nodded and walked back over to the bench. We won the game 62-27. Nick ran right over to me and picked me up. I wrapped my arms and legs around him. "We won," I laughed.

"I don't care about the game Corazón."

I grabbed his face and leaned forward. I kissed him softly at first before he started kissing me harder. He set me back down on the ground and wrapped his arms around my waist. I heard Dana scream out a squeal. I pulled away and turned to her. "Will you stop watching like a creep?"

"You're the ones kissing in front of us," she squealed. I smiled and laughed at her. Nick tucked his sweaty head into my neck kissing it softly. "I've already thought of y'all's couple name!" my eyes widened while Nick laughed. She held up her hands. "Nicia."

"Stop making this weird."

"Nick," roared Luke. Nick pushed me out of the way as Luke tackled him to the ground. "You're dead!"

"Luke, get off of him," I cried.

Dana and I pulled at Luke. I moved in between them. Luke backed away not wanting to hit me. Tessa hugged Luke when he was far enough away from us. He wrapped one arm around her waist and glared at Nick. "You're fucking around with my sister?"

"Fuck you, Luke, you damn well know I'd never do that with her."

"You're the one who made her off-limits to guys."

"Excuse me?" I turned to Nick. I stood up putting my hands on my hips and pursing my lips. "You did what?"

He chuckled nervously. "Corazón let me explain."

"Why would you make me off-limits? How could you make me off-limits? Wait you're the reason no guy would date me? You made me think I was unlikable?"

He quickly stood up and grabbed my face. "I never meant that. I didn't want to see you with anyone else, I couldn't do that. I wanted you to end up wanting me and it never happened. It broke my heart to see you with Ty." I wrapped my arms around his waist. He put his chin on top of my head. "Luke, i'm not trying to betray you but she means everything to me."

I turned around in Nick's arms. I looked up at him pleading with my eyes. Luke sighed. "You're not just fucking with her?"

"No it's real," he said. He kissed the top of my head. "I promise it's real." Luke kissed the top of Tessa's head before walking off. Nick sighed. "He hates me."

"Of course he doesn't," I said, turning around in his arms. I leaned up and pecked his lips. "Go to the locker room, shower, and I will meet you at the car." he shook his head. "What do you mean no?"

"I'm gonna need my pretty girlfriend to kiss me again."