35

I yelped as I was pulled into an empty hallway. "Who the?" I smacked Nick's chest when I saw it was him. "Why would you do that? You almost gave me a heart attack." Nick pushed me against the wall gently. "What do you want?" He didn't say anything as he leaned his head down into my neck sucking on the spot I like. "Nick stop," I giggled.

"I thought you liked it when I kissed your neck," he chuckled. He squeezed my hips. "I can move lower if you want?"

"No Uh I mean I do like it when you kiss my neck," I said. I felt him smirk against my skin. "But everyone is waiting for us."

"Let them wait."

"But Luke said he wanted to talk to all of us."

He groaned, pulling his lips off my neck and resting his forehead on my shoulder. "Okay new rule, when we're kissing and doing stuff, you do not mention your brother." I giggled. He kissed my shoulder. "Fuck, now I'm thinking of Luke. Okay let's go."

I grabbed his hand. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder still holding my hand. We walked over to Luke's locker. Luke walked over to us. "Dude, seriously? I told you we were doing the thing today."

"Shit, I forgot."

"What thing?" I asked.

"You'll serve in a few minutes," Luke said. "Could you go find Tessa for me?"

I nodded. Nick kissed the side of my head before letting go so I could go find Tessa. I found her and Dana at the vending machine. "Hey, Luke told me to find you."

"Did he say why?" She asked. I shook my head. She reached down and grabbed her candy bar from the vending machine. I walked back with them to Luke's locker. Maggie gave Luke a headset before walking off. "What's up?"

"Promise me you'll stay for the whole thing?" He asked. She nodded skeptically. He turned on his mic. "Students of the northridge high school first floor hallway, please enjoy this song for a girl I really care about. Tessa... don't make fun of me for doing this."

Music to the song "if you were mine" by Ocean Park Standoff started playing. A small crowd formed around us as Luke sang to her. She had a small smile on her face the entire time and Luke had an even bigger one. Nick couldn't seem to keep his eyes off and me and would smile at me when I looked over at him. At the end of the song everyone clapped and cheered.

Tessa stepped forward and kissed his cheek. She turned to walk away. "You promised to stay for the whole thing," he said.

"There's more?"

"Tessa, will you go out with me?"

"No," she said softly, her voice almost quivering. "I'm sorry." She turned and walked away from him.

I squeezed Luke's hand. "Let me go talk to her." He nodded. I ran after her. "Tessa!" She was sitting on the ground against the lockers. I sat down next to her. She laid her head on my shoulder.

"I didn't mean to embarrass him."

"You didn't," I said softly.

"I can't do it. I'm scared."

"You shouldn't be scared of me Tessa," Luke said. He walked over to us. He reached his hands down to us. We pulled ourselves up to stand.

"I'll give you two a minute." I walked down the hallway. As I turned the corner, I was pulled backwards. "What the?" Nick put his hand over my mouth.

He turned me around in front of him, leaning over top of me. "We're watching Luke and Tessa so shush." He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.