Chapter twelve

"Hey can we play a game ?" I asked them. They were all in a conversation and I was just standing around , silent.

Creepily , most of them moved their head's to my direction,  at the same time , and most of them had a face of surprise , as if they had not realised that I was there after I had said those words.

"Why is she here anyway?" One of the girls asked , pointing to me and facing Sam. The girl had long red hair in a pleat.

"She is my new neighbour , if you haven't heard she is Serena, Alicia ." Answered Sam , so the girl's name is Alicia.

"So you just invited someone you did not even know for more than an hour to go to the beach , she could be a murderer or a wizard , you do not know . The only thing she probably knows about you is your name and that you are way too friendly. "Alicia said. Well , I am a mermaid so she is not that far away , but I kind of strangely like her , she is logical and thinks about information she is given , something very important in a war. Why am I even thinking about war? I feel like something strange or unusual is going to happen but I don't know what or why I think that.

I have not used my mermaid senses to check if there were any werewolves or vampires etc because I now realise that it is was a very dangerous thing to do, what if a vampire was here or a werewolf, my mission would be gone and they would not let me near them. So if I put my mermaids senses on once again some Werewolfs and vampires would probably smell me.

"Alicia she probably has had a lot of chances to kill me but has not , you might be over reacting a little bit , lets just play a game." Sam replied. He looked annoyed Alicia .

I pass the ball to him and he starts passing it to other people , it is a little boring eventually so I just start humming a little song , I do not hum to loud , I might annoy someone. 

I keep on humming and imagine dancing , I move my feet to the beat and move my hair away from my face.

I do not know about Marcus , he .... I do not know what I am feeling. I just feel so happy whenever he looked at my direction but I feel something else , I don't know what the word is , I will just try to remember it later.

Sometimes when I hummed a few people would nod their heads to the beat of the song as I was humming , the strange thing was that they were not only the people near me , but people a bit farther away from me . The people must have quite good hearing.

We all walk nearer the sea and eventually we were walking in the water.Then Alicia went and splashed some water at Sam , he splashed back but then hit someone else , then they kept on splashing other people , eventually we all started having a water fight. At the end we were all soaked. I then started swimming about , maybe there are other fish here.

I look about the sea and see that the ocean was calm, that is what I thought the whole sea near me was like but something happened only a few minutes later , the water started going away from the coast , what... The sea was going backwards and not forwards , that is not right. Then I saw something far away. Something that told me why the wave was going backwards.

A giant , massive wave !What ! This couldn't have been a mermaid, some of us could change the waves but we couldn't make a giant wave come and it would take a lot of us to stop one . It might be an earthquake. This was not good.

The other people were looking at what had been underneath the water , not noticing the giant wave. They were probably looking for something special , like a tooth of a shark or a silver bracelet or just curious.

"We have to go now , run!"I screamed. They looked at me confused and then look behind me and realise the giant wave that was coming. We all start to run and the life guard blows her whistle , then runs off. We all run. I was at the back of the crowd .They were all so fast. I was still kind of near the sea , my heart beat quickened.Then I heard something , or rather someone .

I heard a voice of a boy , probably my age , I turned my head around when he spoke and saw that one of his feet were stuck in the sand. He was in the sea , or where the sea used to be but wasn't now.

"Help me , someone ! My foot is stuck"! Someone! " He screamed. He tugged at his foot but couldn't move it.

The last word that he said was the word that made me do what I did. I can not just let someone be in danger when I knew I could do something about it. But remember I made this choice only because I am a mermaid , no other reason.

I turned around , it felt like slow motion. "No don't!" I heard a voice scream behind me , but I ignored those words , the person probably does not know who or what I am so they can not make a decision for me.

The wave came closer. My heartbeat was so loud that I could hear my own heartbeat , I know that I should not really be frightened by the water but I am.

The boy had his eyes closed , he probably thought that nobody would help him. I went and tugged at his foot trying to get it out the sand underneath, I pull and pull until finally his foot was free.

He looked at me with happiness, then the shadow of the giant wave came , over the both of us , I make him stand up and tell him to close his eyes , I then went in between him and the wave that was over us quickly and told him to hold his breath. He then hugs me , probably thanking me , I hug him back and just as the wave hit me he said something .

"Thank you."

So thank you for reading this book, I might not update as many times because I have school and my phone is not working very well, so thank you again.