Chapter Twenty three

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where –"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."
Alice in Wonderland.
__________________________
Important Authors note, please
read.
__________________________
The next day I wanted to see what the humans see and can see on a normal T.V. I actually quite like the new upgraded T.V, it looks cooler than the old one.

I look at the T.V. How do I put this T.V on. I look about and found a remote. I  don't know why I have to find a remote but my brain has

I pressed random buttons, and suddenly the T.V came alive. I flinch backwards, how was that so quick. I look at the screen. There in the T.V were two people.

They were on an ice rink. Their clothes were so sparkly as if they wanted to be seen.

I saw a girl and a boy, they both were dancing on the ice. I walked closer, is this what they do for fun? Record people who are standing on frozen up water?

Actually I think they did it on purpose. They were smiling at the cameras. They swiveled, swerved dancing on the ice.

They were dancing so gracefully, they were doing turns and they never fell.

When it had finished the boy had flung the girl upwards, the girl was totally calm, and landed in his arms, they must have practiced.

I look at my legs. Maybe legs were better than tails, with legs you could stop and stay still instead of being dragged away by the currents an-no I got to get my head out of it, I was born with a tail and I'm happy.

The girl and boy skate away, smiling and waving. I hear a loud clapping noise coming from the T.V and I stare at the T.V closer and see that they had an audience watching them dance and they were fine with that.

Then another girl and boy go on the ice rink. They start to dance, there was some music in the background.

I grab the remote control and press random buttons to try and make the T.V louder.

The screen changes to a group of people singing on a stage, they had no instruments yet they still sang, they don't just sing words, they hummed and made different noises.

Maybe that's an extra point for humans, they can sing and shout and not be frightened of making serous damage to people just with their voice.

If I was angry or frightened I would probably have to keep my voice down, I know I have sung in the human world but that was for science, and I was in full control.

I press another random button on the remote control and the screen goes black.

Ring.
Ring.
Ring.

My phone makes a noise, I pick it and press the screen image and then put my ear against the phone.

"Hey it's Marcus, we need to talk." I hear Marcus say on the other side of the phone.

"Hi, how do you know my phone number?" I ask. Just curious.

"Um, you gave me it, you know, yesterday." He said. Did I?

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I'll tell you when you're there." He answered.

"Where do you want to meet and when?" I ask.

"Can I meet you the day after tomorrow, 1 O'clock at the bench on the cliff, the cliff looks over the sea." He said.

"Yeah I think I can meet you." I said.

"Ok see you in two days at 1 O'clock." He said.

He then hung up the phone. I look outside, there was a sunrise, it was absolutely beautiful. No words could describe it.

Why did he say it was a 'prank'? Didn't he tell me it wasn't a joke or a prank, maybe was that the joke? But Samuel is a mermaid, or is he?

My phone rang again. Who else could be calling me?

"Hi... Who's this?" I asked.

"Ohh hello, it worked." I heard my mom say.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to talk to you, how are you?"

"Fine, have there been more disappearances of Werewolves?" I asked.

"Yes a lot more of them have gone. I must go sorry dear. Goodbye."

The phone went off.

Well I am happy that my mother has enough time to even talk to me.

My parents are normally really busy but that comes with being a king and queen in part of the sea.

I get my clothes out of the clothes washer and get changed in my normal clothes, I get a brush and brush my hair into a ponytail.

I need to get more clothes, I look over at my bike, lets do this. I grab a bag and throw my hoodie in the bag.

I drag the bike down the stairs and try to catch my breath, I hear a ping noise and see two silver metal doors slide open and a person walking out.

The person had been in a box with buttons on the sides. A lift, an elevator? Which one! And wait doesn't the box go up floors and bring people about the building so they wouldn't have to go up stairs, I look at my bike, why!
___________________________
Hello so thank you for reading, please don't forget to vote and comment. Also I have a question. Do any of you know a book which you would recommend to read? It's just over the past few weeks I have tried but I can't seem to find a book that is not cliche and not all lovey dovey, like yes I have never talked to you before but I will marry you because I saw your face (I have read a book that was literally like that, please do not get offended it's just so boring and unrealistic).

So yeah if you know any books that are great, not boring or cliche then please tell me. (If you do recommend a book I don't read books that are in the mature category).

Also I will probably not be on Wattpad for 5 days, I am getting too addicted to Wattpad and looking for a good book so I'll go back to reading paper books for a bit.

Oh as well please comment my mistakes and have a great day or night.