When Will It End

Who are you?, to even question our authority.

Going further, how dear you?, put your mouth in something you know nothing about.

Are you insane?, to think you can challenge the authority of  your land.

In 1988  after gaining the support of the people on the  ground. It seemed the Imam Abu Bakr led Jamaat Al Muslimeen was unstoppable.

Prime Minister Mr Robinson and the N.A.R Government, was ready to put a stop to their biggest problem. The man who was playing police.

The plan was hatched.

So a combined team of Police and Soldiers, descended on #1A mucurapo road one friday as Juma was in secession.

That day 34  members were arrested for various offenses,  from  larceny to murder and seizing a number of arms and ammunition.

They(Police and Soldiers) then set up  camp on the land, occupying a section of the land.

Apart from harassing the women folk, which is not tolerated in the teachings of Islam.

Every Friday as the Juma prayers( the most sacred prayer) were being offered.

These uneducated hooligans  would leave their tents on the other side of the compound, and come to  disrupt the prayer.

Kowning the need for education, the two schools(pre and primary) was vandalized and the children would be scared stupid for no reason by the sight of the guns and the hearing of gun shots.

It is said that on one occasion, the second son of the Imam, Fuad diapers were searched for arms when he was just two years old.

Those who were children at that time can to this day still in horror, recall the memories of them being told  to lie on the ground by their teachers at the sounds of gun shots.

This had gone beyond, reasonable  force by the state apparatus and reached the doors of oppression.

Again, something needed to be done.

Oh Allah when will it end.