Oppression Is Worst Than Slaughter

They preferred to have died than go through this.

It seemed like the saviour needed a saviour.

With constant harassment from the powers that be, and no assistance from the wider Muslim community.

I may add here that the Muslim community in Trinidad and Tobago are made up predominantly of East Indians. Who had segregated themselves stating that their African brothers were nothing more than extremist, that did not practice Islam in the correct way.

The Imam and his community had to forge alliances from outside this blessed nation.

One of the countries that reached out to them was Libya with the Western agitator Muammur al Gaddafi as the President.

Mr Gaddafi had long been labelled as a Terrorist, even more so after a plane exploded over Lockerbie Scotland in 1988, and the bomber was found to be an ex Libyan Intelligence Officer. Mr Gaddafi was fingered as the mastermind behind the operation.

Not being one to submit to any man but only to God, he never publicly or privately condemned the actions over Lockerbie.

Sharing the same views and also the love of Islam, the Imam and Gaddafi became close friends.

So close that Mr Gaddafi had invited the Imam, and a contingent from the Jamaat to Libya on a state visit.

The Imam later said that when they landed in Tripoli International Airport, he asked one of his members sitting next to him if their was any dignitary on the flight.

Because he looked out the window, and saw the red carpet with a full military honour guard he knew this could not be for him.

He was indeed wrong, all this was definitely in his honour.

So impressed was he with the running of the country, that he stills talks about how clean and crime free Libya was. He once said on a tour of the main market place he asked Gaddafi how come he did not see any Police Officers there or any where in the country. Mummaur replied that they did not need any Police because the government took care of every citizen so there was no need for them to steal.

Through the World Islamic Call Society(a missionary group), that Gaddafi was a major sponsor and contributor of, the Jamaat got funding for both the pre and primary schools even though successive governments have fail to recognise the school even though both has been registered since 1982, and also the advancement of Islam in this country.