The Journeny Now Start

The treachery of the U.N.C lead coalition , one would think that the Imam, would learn and harden his heart against the wicked self scented politicians.

This wasn't so, it seems he had to burn to learn.

The U.N.C lead government apart from the fence issue, proved themselves to be no better than the rest of our leaders. The only difference was they made sure that their marginal seats and party funders were well taken care of.

For instance, the southern and south western parts of the country were developed drastically.

House and roads, were constructed in   their constituencies strongholds.

Majority of the contracts awarded, were to East Indians contractors. For the five years, their business grew by leaps and bounds, with the most of them becoming millionaires.

The north, east and west areas in the country, was suffering so to speak. With hardly any contracts being awarded to the afro Trinidadian contractors.

I may note here that unlike the Africans, who were brought here as slaves, and their culture was ripped away, as they were held captives. Working without any agreement to be paid.

The Indo Trinidadians were different, they came here as indentured labourers, meaning that they came to our country, on agreement to work the cane fields in exchange for a salary.

They had the option of going back to their home land, after the agreement had ended.

So they always felt superior, to the Africans in this country.

Hence the reason, for the divide even in Islam.

This government would also gain points in 1999, when they hung nine men convicted of murdering a family of four.

At the time, this  was considered the most heinous crime that Trinidad had ever seen.

The shock of this act, still to this day is a conversation starter in many gatherings of people in the country.

So it was no shocker, that the government lasted their full term of five years. 

It's election time again, all who going to vote now.