Fight till Opression is No More

The operation was already in place, the year was 1990.

The date was set, the men were ready to give there lives for the cause.

There was no turning back.

27th July 1990 started like any normal day in Trinidad, school was out on vacation and people went about the daily routine like normal.

Even the insurrectionist, went about there normal daily activities. No one except them knew that it was a day that would change their lives forever.

Juma started like normal not even their families had known that they were about to make history.

True to form the prayer lasted about an hour and a half. Imam Abu bakr said later that after the formal prayers  he made two optional prayers, and each time he prostrated he asked Allah to kill him if this was not his will.

Each time he stayed prostrated longer than usual waiting to die, and each time he heard a voice saying "GET UP  GET UP!"and he sprung to his feet each time. This confirmed that this action was necessary.

The 114 families were sent home and the men mobilized and left the compound, being careful not to arouse the suspicion of the authorities that had set up camp on their land.

Those who were to go to Trinidad and Tobago Television house ( the only television station at the time) and Radio Trinidad had gone to the Savannah  where they played a game of football awaiting on the signal.

The others left on their way to the Red House our seat of Parliament at the time.

The second group while driving down St Vincent street encountered a road block  one of the insurrectionist later said that had the T&TEC van they were in had stopped and the back doors opened the mission would have been foiled, because they would have shot and killed the Police Officer, instead they were waved through.

All Praise to ALLAH.

The signal came at 5:45pm and by 5:50 the leader of the revolution,  walked in to the tv and radio station and announced that the tv and radio station was now under their control, and rounded up all members of staff letting only the women, children and old people leave the compound. 

Imam Abu Bakr later said that a car of a man who were held hostage was blocking a prominent female tv personality car and she asked for the man to leave with her, he said he told her no and gave her 5 dollars to take a car home.