Meeting the Wolves

Odin walked through the quiet hallways of his palace. His shoes made a hollow sound against the floor. As he continued forward he nestled the two pups close against his chest to keep them warm. He knew it was a much different temperature in the palace then where they were. He knew that they would adjust but it would take some time.

Suddenly he saw his wife, Frigga, walking toward him. She beamed and leaned forward to kiss him lightly on the cheek. A yip sounded from Morali and Frigga drew back a bit in fear. "What are those," she asked as she looked down on Morali and Aphron.

"These are the two sons of Qutuk. His mate died and he requested that we take care of them," he murmured as he showed Frigga the two pups. She gasped at their cuteness and stretched out a hand to scratch behind their ears.

"What did he think we could do about them," asked Frigga as she looked directly at the puppies.

"He thought that they'd make great companions for our sons," Odin replied. "Do you think they will?"

"I'm sure they will love them! Should we give them to them now?"

Odin nodded and gave Aphron to Frigga. "I think Aphron will connect more with Loki. They are both illusionist."

Frigga smiled and lifted up Aphron and carried him. He let out a yip and Frigga. "Spirited little pup."

Odin continued to carry Morali and he strode down the hall with Frigga at his side. They veered into their sons' shared room. Loki was on his bed and Thor was playing by himself in the corner. Once he saw his parents at the entrance of their room he rose to his paws and darted forward.

"Father where have you been?!" Loki followed and hung back a bit. Frigga had noticed that Loki always seemed to be behind his brother. She worried about that.

"I've been out patrolling," answered Odin before he kneeled down. "And I came across two wolves who needed a home."

"Wolves," gasped Loki as he pushed himself beside his brother.

Odin nodded and uncovered Morali. The pup yelped a bit and Thor beamed. He stretched out his hands and Odin gingerly placed the pup in his son's hands. Thor cuddled Morali to his chest. "What's his name," asked Thor.

"Morali," replied Odin.

Loki sighed, wondering if he would get a wolf. Frigga then stepped forward and showed him Aphron. He smiled in excitement as Frigga set Aphron in his hands. He staggered a bit under his weight. He pressed the wolf to his chest and kissed the pup's forehead. "What's his name?"

"Aphron," replied Odin as he watched in fondness as Thor stroked Morali's pelt.

"I love him," Loki told his mother as he cuddled the pup.

"I'm very glad you two like them but they are going to be your responsibility," Odin told his sons but they weren't really listening.

"Don't worry father, we will," assured Loki as he sat down and began to stroke Aphron's pelt.

"They will be your companions until death. They will stick by you no matter what. Always remember that."