Returning with Wolves

A few heartbeats later Zoryum led a small group of wolves back to the forest. Aphron noticed they were mostly she-wolves and pups but there were a few males mixed in, including Yish and Atuk. Mishlie wasn't there and Aphron was secretly pleased but he did know that he was Zoryum's brother.

"This is all who would come," panted Zoryum as she shook out her pelt. "It's not much but they are safe."

"What's going to happen to the rest of the pack," rasped an older white she-wolf with crystal blue eyes.

"I'm not sure," confessed Morali before his ears pricked. He heard the pounding of feet on the ground and his fur spiked. "Hide, now!"

Zoryum gasped and pushed her head against the she-wolf's flank. "Come on," she urged as her tail flicked over her shoulder. She pushed some wolves into a bush and willed them to be quiet.

Aphron rushed up to a she-wolf and pups and helped them forward and quieted their steps. The she-wolf then spun around and breathed thankfully. "Land you Aphron. I don't care what Qutuk said about you. You are a lifesaver."

"What did he say about me," inquired Aphron but the she-wolf was already tucked deep inside the bush, cradling her pups.

"That's all of them," panted Morali as he turned to Thor and Loki. "Now we just have to protect them. We don't want to force them to fight."

"We will fight if we need to," Aphron pointed out as his tail tip lashed against the ground.

"Are you sure that it will be alright," wondered Thor as he struggled to hold the hammer. "I mean what if they get caught in the middle."

Aphron spread his wings to make himself look bigger. "Then we will have to make sure nothing happens on either side, aye?"

Suddenly Aphron heard a snarl and he turned to see his father behind him. "What are you doing back here," he snapped as his shoulders were shoved forward. "I thought I gave you a lesson to remember so you wouldn't come back."

"I just couldn't stand being without you," Aphron reported smartly with a smug look on his face.

Qutuk laughed and lashed his tail. "Very funny, Aphron. I didn't think that you would ever turn out this disrespectful when you were a pup."'

"Well looks like I inherited the attitude from my father," growled Aphron as he shook his haunches, ready to attack.

"This is your last chance to stop this," Morali broke in as he heard the Asgardians behind him. They would also fight against the wolves to keep the peace.

"No," argued Qutuk as he bared his teeth and extended his claws. "It's yours."